Plane crash in Margalla Hills

Plane crash in Margalla Hills

An Air Blue passenger plane carrying 152 people crashed in Islamabad’s Margalla Hills on Wednesday morning. Although rescue teams have been dispatched to the site of the crash, due to the hilly terrain, teams travelling by road are having difficulty reaching the area.

Dawn.com invites its readers to share whatever information and/or photographs you may have pertaining to today’s passenger plane crash.

To view the passenger list, please click here. Let Dawn.com know if you have any questions or any query we can help you with.

The views expressed by the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Dawn Media Group.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

175 Responses to “Plane crash in Margalla Hills”

1. love says:

May Allah bless the people who died in this crash !! May their souls rest in peace !!!It is a great tragedy for Pakistan, May Allah rest the soul of the deceased in peace and give strength to the families of the departed souls, Ameen.

2. love says:

It is a grand tragedy; no compensation can be justifiable to the loss of so many precious lives. May Allah rest them in peace and heaven and give patience to bereaved families. Ameen.

3. Syed Naved Murtaza says:

Inna Lillah Hay Wa Inna Ilayhay Raa’jaoon !

4. Ibn-e-Maryam says:

It is indeed a sad incident. But it is strange that arm-chair experts are already giving reasons for crash with absolute certainity. This is absurd. There should be comprehensive investigation of this incident. Air travel is the safest mode of travel, but still incidents like this happen. Actually, our media and self-proclaimed experts just want to create panic in this society. 152 people died and instead of helping their families, they are just pointing fingers at the management, CAA, and everyone else. A couple of days ago, a Lufthansa cargo plane went down (it actually broke in two pieces), so accidents happen in airline industry, just like any other means of transportation. More than 50 people died yesterday in flood related accidents, blame that on something else. So, if you cannot help the grief-stricken families, and you cannot participate in the relief work, you cannot pray for them, then please keep your ‘expert opinions’ to yourself. Thanks very much

5. Aamir says:

yes i agree 100%.
    This is time for Dua for the people who died. And sabr.

6. Nisha says:

I literally cried like never before on any incident taking place in Pakistan like this. I am very shocked and upset on the loss. I know none of them but I guess the connection is so strong that can’t get anything done since yesterday. I’m just in deep shock. The worst part is no body is recovered properly from there, someone’s hand someone’s leg etc only parts of body has been covered. And they have made bags of body parts bags. God :( please learn a lesson now that life is so unpredictable we all should love our close ones like there is no tomorrow. We should apologize to Allah for our mistakes. And remember that we have to return to him one day, when and how no body knows :(

7. imran says:

May Allah give them place in jannah…

8. imran says:

May Allah bless them all..Aameen

9. Muhammad Farooq says:

My heart felt condolences to the families and friends of the victims of this deadly crashed that took so many precious lives in no time. May Allah grant them courage and fortitude to bear the loss and rest the souls of the victims in peace.

Let us not speculate over the causes of the the crash; let us find the black box first (if already not found till this time), let us conduct a thorough investigation into it and let us publicize the findings. If there are any grey areas, or any lapses they should be brought to the knowledge of the citizens. If there are lapses /loopholes in systems and procedures, the government should take immediate action to check it for future.

10. Amir Khan, M.D. says:

May Allah protect the departed in their graves and give them a place in Jnnat -ul- Firdaus. We all forget in this modern world that we all come to this world to leave it one day. No death is untimely, because Allah plans it. All this reflects that even with all our technology, Allah controls all of us and makes our destiny. This is a lesson for all of us to become better Muslims follow the Quran and sunnat and elevate our iman. My deepest and sincerest sympathies for the familes of all the departed.

11. Irfan says:

Its realy a tragic incident. Allah bless the departed soul in peace and care the families of victims. No outcome of the investigation is expected as this airline is owned by reknown politician. Everyone should remember departed souls in prayers.

12. A very sad news for all of us,
    My best friend M AJMAL KHAN (24 years old) was also in this flight who was travelling first time in the plane.He got job in bank as management trainee and was coming back to Islamabad.

We did MBA-IT from IIUI and live together at Kwait hostel near Margalla hills.
    He was toper in our batch.

May Allah bless him

13. ZuLfiKar Sha says:

Oh God, please be closer to the ones suffered today…

14. A.Jamil says:

May Allah give all of the travellers place in Jannah.

I think everyone should co-operate with Airblue at this moment & leave criticism a side, as this is a National Tragedy. In reciprocity Airblue should be efficient enough to get all the relatives with best possible and very current information they require, on the recovery works.

Airblue will have to get people’s trust back by all means, may it be letting the relatives travel back home or domestically by airblue FOC or etc.

Lastly Pakistan Govenrment will have to ensure an affective & honest accident investigation on this accident followed by a True report on the cause of the Accident.

We all have lost our own PAKISTANI’s in this crash. Let’s help each other in developing better trust & brotherhood among us. This is a lesson and awakening for us.

Allah-i-Yarhamu

15. Khan says:

I still wonder how come the plane went towards margalla hills…….. All the flights coming from south goes
    i-e Lahore and Karachi goes straight to the runway facing south……. even if the runway is busy or due to bad weather the plane just encircles over airport it NEVER goes towards hills…..only time the planes passes these hills are when they are flying to North i-e Gilgit and skardu operated by PIA. I am very surprised and shock by the events but logic doesnt accept the plane going towards hills and also so low…..only Allah knows exactly wot happend in the final moments of this unfortunate flight………… May Allah rest their souls in peace

16. Junaid Suleman says:

It is indeed a very sad incident for all of us .. Specially we abroad feel very sad once we hear or read something bad going on in Pakistan. My sincere sympathy to the deceased relatives and I pray to Allah Almighty to rest the departed souls in eternal peace. ( Ameen )

17. Mubarik Tahir says:

A very sad day indeed. May God bless the departed souls and help the loved ones to bear this terrible loss.

18. Luqman says:

whatever has happened is extremely sad…we canot judge nor imagine what goes thru the minds of the families of those who perished in this disaster…only pray!!!
    the comments i read here and what i have seen on tv channels is what needs to be avoided…the blame game…
    unfortunately we Pakistanis are very good at being critcs of our own nation…and like to judge everything as if we are the best of judges…
    its time for unity and not being disintegrated…please!!!

• Chandra-Delhi says:

Whole Hearted Condolence to the family.

Its not only in Pakistan, I think everywhere in the world, blame game starts as soon as something goes wrong.
      Its really a very sad day, innocent lives are lost and authorities as usual defends themselves.

• Aamir says:

I agree 100%.

19. Huma says:

This is extremely hurting news about plane crashed in Margala hills. The most hurting thing is we don’t even have a single Survivor.

May Allah bless there souls in heaven.

20. Prof Ramesh Manghirmlani-Geneve says:

I am so sorry, this is national tragedy There should be national inquiry to look into maintenance record of Air Blue and competence record of pilot. MAY GOD BLESS

21. Tayyab says:

It is a grand tragedy; no compensation can be justifiable to the loss of so many precious lives. May Allah rest them in peace and heaven and give patience to bereaved families. Ameen.

22. ahsan says:

i am very sad to listen that our country airbus is crashed. we do nothing for died people but we do one thing just do dua. please dua for all died people.i request to all of pakistan

23. TARIQ says:

I am very sorry and unhappy to learn about this trajic accident and loss of innocent lives of our fellow Pakistani’s.

It is about time that we should start taking some serious changes in the Pakistan and become more responsible. CAA and other related organizations should become more vigilant and start implementing the international safety rules and regulations more strictly.

An inquiry should be done based on international standards and incase if this trajic accident occured because of someones negligence, he/they should be punished so severely, that it becomes an example for others who are doing such negligences.

24. chandan singh says:

My heartiest sympathies are with the families whose dear one was unfortunate today. My sympathies are also with all the people of pakistan. May God, Waheguru, Allah provide them with the strength to deal with this tragedy.

but the serious question is that how an Air company can be so ignorant as i can read from the view of Mr Mustafa and other frequent user of Air Blue? How can they risk the lives of others just to save fuel and recruit retired pilot, although experienced but not necessarily mentally and physically fit to fly a plane especially in a tense environment of private airlines where performance, overtime, crew fatigue, low pay, being at the receiving end of passengers wrath because of the high expectation of service etc…?

why are govt only interested in earning high license fees and taxes? This is the same problem with especially south Asian countries. in the last 4-5 months there have been plane crash in India, afghanistan and now Pakistan.. Its sad ….very very SAD. Still govt dont learn any lesson. Many statements are issued, many experts appears on TVs to explain what was wrong as happened in the case of Mangalore air India crash. Many promises are made but in this era of competitive news channel environment , news channels look for other sensational news and these incidents are forgotten and after one month nobody can even recall the incident..

This is the tragedy with all of us, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Srilanka etc…

Any way I wish Govt of Pakistan to honestly and transparently inquire the crash and punish the guilty, if any and not the weather. this will be our real respect to departed soul.

Finally may God rest the souls in Peace.

Chandan,
    Delhi, India

25. Bisma Asim-Dubai says:

I was trying to open my eyes to get up in the morning as it was already late….suddenly what I came to hear was my husband’s sorrowing voice saying BISMA!! I thought he was doing all that to make me wake-up. Still, I replied him “Yes, what happened?” He went like, an AIRBLUE PLANE has smashed up in Margalla Hills. I threw my blanket away and went completely stunned. Rest of the day went soo bad and dishearted. This is something that no one can imagine and is something that is outlandish. I felt really lamentable about this sudden crash.

May their souls rest in calmness.

May Allah magnify tenacity and prowess to the relatives who had no longer possessed/missed their beloved ones.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement