Tell us, tell the Quaid

Tell us, tell the Quaid

Dawn was founded by Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. In a run-up to his birthday celebrations this year, tell us, and the Quaid, in one sentence how you think Jinnah would have viewed his and our Pakistan today. Please give your name, age, profession and location at the end of your message. For example, “Pakistan is indeed your dream come true.” —Shehla Mirza, 27, physician, Peshawar

A selection of these comments will be published in the Quaid-i-Azam Day (December 25) Special edition of Dawn.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

198 Responses to “Tell us, tell the Quaid”

1. sudhir says:

Muslims needed protection from muslims not hindus… I was wrong

Sudhir, 40 Engineer Delhi, India

2. shahzad says:

Persons like our great Quaid borns rear in history – changing the course of history, struggling tirelessly hard for achievement of goal – that he did for creation of a muslim land, pakistan, let us be true to his teaching and strive to learn teaching of that great man, follow his footsteps. Long live Quaid-e-Azam.

3. Mustafa says:

I have read all the comments on this subject. Almost all are lip service to praise the great leader Mohammad Ali Jinnah but simply praising the great leader does no make a person worthy Pakistani. I am one of those who was with Jinnah and fought to achieve Pakistan. My parents along with all Muslims in undivided voted for Pakistan. Just after two days there were headlines in newspapers in the largest font size “Pakistan Demand Conceded”. That was the happiest day of Muslims. When Pakistan came into existence, all Pakistanis were united as one nation. What is happening today? A Pakistani is the greatest enemy of Pakistan. There are so many parties, Tehreeks and Qabeelas headed by leaders who are here to divide the nation on the basis of divide and rule. Muslim youths are being trained and brain-washed to explode as suicide bombers in mosques, hospitals, Qabristaan, market places, government buildings, schools. What Pakistanis are doing about it? Just pray to Allah? Allah will not listen unless Pakistanis do something to stop the blood-shed and hate and injustice within Pakistan.

4. sja says:

The Quaid keeping his faith, discipline and Unity intact would have talked to Ardeshir Cowasjee to not quit and call it a quit at this critical hour — his column today Winding Down would have been taken seriously by Quaid would have counselled him on perseverance and a new array of hope emerging in Pakistan — before you really quit AC you should write some good advice for IK and whoever you think could help him — he needs help from selfless people like you who want Pakistan to be Pakistan and not see it winding down —- Salute and hi honors for the Dawn Columnar service and keeping Pakistanis informed about how our politics and politicos work around principles and people and laws. Cheeers best wishes and Happy 2012.

5. Anique Ahmed says:

“After seen the today’s Pakistan our great Quaid will said that now Pakistan needs one more Quaid to make Pakistan, Quaid’s Pakistan.”
    Anique Ahmed, 20, Telecom Engineer, Karachi.

6. Rafique Soomro says:

“”The Land of Pure” has been haunted by dirty politics & impure political ghosts since the Quaid had departed.”
    Rafique, 21, Commerce student, Larkana.

7. Madiha akhtar says:

Jinnah Pakistan has been divided into different sects, groups and ethnicity; the unity is lost somewhere down the line…Madiha Akhtar 25, free lance writer

8. Junaid says:

The fragile policies of the governments have destroyed the tantamount theory of the state that Quaid provided to Pakistan. The patriotism still lives in the hearts of people, there is a dire need to convert that patriotism to make the dreams of Quaid come true. Long live Pakistan, Long live Great Quaid (Junaid, 19, A-Level Student KARACHI)

9. Hamid S. Bokhari says:

The founder/Quaid who fought against shrewd leaders/nations, would have been greatly disappointed, as the mission in founding the Pakistan is totality lost. Quaid had shown unprecedented level of patience to achieve his objectives and always ensured expressing his views logically with full convictions, rather than in rhetoric manners, which is now being the part and parcel of our all current national leaders. Now, neither we have logic nor patience to get out of this mess, which is being created by all our great politicians. Hence, we should repent on our mistakes and pray to the GOD to save us. (Banker/Financial Advisor-Age: 50)

10. Zahir Shah says:

With the given number of ministers and lawyers our state must have an exemplary democratic and judicial system. Where is our pluralist state? Let me visit our beloved Pakistan and then we will come back to the rescue of these four ethnic nations. Zahir Shah, 24, Student Rawalpindi

11. Usman Chaudhry says:

Start all over again keeping intact “Unity, Faith, Discipline”.
    Usman Chaudhry, 25, IT Professional, Lahore.

12. Abeeda Akram says:

We need another Jinnah today not only for survival of our country but for survival of true spirit of Islam.

Abeeda Akram
    Age-22
    Software Engineer
    Lahore

13. Mirza Shaheryar Baig says:

“Dear Lord… what have I done!” – Shaheryar, 30, Singapore

14. Aisha says:

He would have been very sad and wish that If it was really true Islamic state. Islam is the only solution my friends.
    London

15. Ahmed j says:

Kashmir is still a disputed territory, despite the fact it has the oldest UN resolution till date.

43 yrs
    United Kingdom

16. P.K.Mattoo says:

Today’s Pakistan is a pale shadow of what the Quaid had envisioned in his August 11,1948 speech.

17. Farah says:

He may have regretted his decision and everything we sacrificed for Pakistan.

18. DR.M.A.HAKIM says:

Mr.Jinnah would be unhappy to see the present state of affairs of Pakistan.

19. QUAID’S PAKISTAN: a dream he saw
    TODAY’S PAKISTAN: his nightmare
    -Rimsha Rehman,20,Student (karachi)

20. Dear Quaid
    There is no on to Take Care of your People,
    People kill themselves because they can not see their Childrens Go hungry.
    Minor children are Raped and Killed.
    People steel dead bodis from Graves to sell their bones.
    People say you created for muslim you see what they do to Childrens in Mudressas they put Chains you did not think of that.
    You were Honest Brave un corruptable a decent Human Being Do you find any in this land None Dear Quaid.
    Surly you did not think of these things when you created this state you created for Human beings not Animals in Power with no Heart,
    God Rest your Soul in Peace.

21. Shujaat says:

Looking at the present state of affairs, Mr. Jinnah would be thinking of liberating the country once again, this time from the looters and corrupted lot. Shujaat Hussain,49,Chartered Accountant, Karachi.

22. Muhammad Kashif Aslam says:

He would have serious concerns about true democracy in the country as genuine democracy is a best solution to problems being faced by Pakistan.

Muhammad Kashif Aslam,30
    Islamabad

23. Sohaila says:

I urge you to start all over again.

Sohila 42, Dubai

24. hameedik. says:

The Quaid-e-Azam was quite certain that one of the most urgent and important tasks that lay before him and his people would be the establishment of communal harmony and mutual trust. Pakistan was to be one nation, to which all citizens might be proud to owe loyalty.In his address to Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, August 11,1947, he said,”Now, I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in the course of time Hindu would cease to be Hindu and Muslim would cease to be Muslim, not in the religious sense, because that is personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.”……(debate,Vol.I,p.20,August 11,1947)

25. Noor Jahan Sattar says:

On the situation of Pakistan in these days, Mohmmad Ali Jinah add to his slogan Honesty, Patriotism, and Hardworking.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement