Bhoja Air plane crash: What do you know?

Bhoja Air plane crash: What do you know?

A passenger airplane belonging to Bhoja Air has crashed near Chaklala Air Force Base in Rawalpindi. At least 127 people are feared dead as a result of the crash, according to the Ministry of Defence.

Were you at or close to the site of the accident?

Do you have any details regarding the plane crash?

Dawn.com requests its readers to share any information regarding the tragic accident that they may have.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

135 Responses to “Bhoja Air plane crash: What do you know?”

1. Raees Nawaz says:

It is a natural disaster…..however it seems a negligence of of Civil Aviation procedures and safety controls…i am surprised why controll tower fails to stop plane not enter the thunder lighning zone a well before the plane was approaching in to it……….

May Allaha give Sabre Jameel to all families of departed souls

2. Mohammed Yahya USA says:

Only Allah knows whose fault it was but we should pray for the deceased & may Allah give sabre to the families, it is not easy to loose any family member regardless of the age.
    As far as Bhoja Air is concerned I feel for them actually I flew Bhoja from Lahore to Karachi on the 11th of this month & my experience was excellent, I think my time was not then.
    I pray that may The Almighty give them the best place in Jannat, Aameen.

3. Tahir says:

Age of 27 years old plane has nothing to do with accident if it is properly maintained. Couple of points though:

Our people have a nasty habit of turning on their mobile phones well before landing or take offs. I wonder if the avionics were disturbed because of such passenger negligence.

Wind shear and bad luck of pilot.

The 737 is probably the worst plane to land when there is wind induced turbulence. I am saying this as a passenger during my 30 or so landings at Rome and London airports in the dreaded 737’s. Simply awful planes used for short haul flights.

4. khakid gandhi says:

samaa tv reported mussarrat shaheen on board ..is this true ?

5. khakid gandhi says:

samaa tv reported mussarat shaheen on board?

6. Indian says:

Seriously………condolences from whole India……we need to introspect ourselves……we could have spent more on new customary airplanes for our people safety rather than spending so much or army fighter……..a plane 30 years old……man in which age are u living….

7. Syed Ali says:

The blame goes to CAA. They are the one who issues airworthiness certificate. Why long investigation find out who made the inspection and how such an old aircraft is allowed to fly. CAA is responsible and must be brought in the court.

8. John Abraham says:

Both India and Pakistan are suffering due to corrupt mind and total intellectual bankruptcy. This is the soul reason for the loss of lives of so many people and suffering of many more. I think British should rule us again…

9. Afroz Alam says:

(786)
    Shahid Iqbal employee of FFBL work shop
    He was nice person
    Allah tala unko Jannat men aala Makam de.
    Aameen summa Aameen

10. Malaika says:

I cant explain my feelings really feeling sorry for the deceased from the core of my heart

11. Iqbal Hadi Zaidi says:

What a shame! Belgium lost 28 nationals in bus accident in Switzerland and it declared national mourning on 16th March, 2012, flew its national fa;g at half mast and observed 1 minute silence in respect to those who died whereas in our case we lost 127 in Bhoja Airline crash and no such mourning announced and observed in Pakistan. Aren’t 28 proved better than 127? Iqbal Hadi Zaidi, Kuwait

12. shahid khan niazi says:

dear,

when this type of tragedy happens, it is by the will of GOD, but in our country (Paki s t a n), who is responsible to provide all facilities(the government of ZORDARI) in that area where tragedy happense.
    no rules were made instead of corruption
    no facilites are provided
    no discipline maintain to face that problem
    no air facilities i.e helecopters provided on extact time etc

this is pakistan where the government provide no facilties on time,
    Pakistan ka ALLAH HI HAFIZ”’

13. tikki says:

First of all,the families who have lost loved ones are’nt looking for sympathy,but they sure can use some prayers.We can send our condolences and ask Allah to forgive them and give the families strength to overcome this tragedy(ameen) On another note,and I maybe wrong but fokers(spelling) were used for nearly 40 years by PIA,and they were used to transport passengers to Gilgit and Quetta of all the places in Pakistan,nothing but mountains.

14. Chamkadar says:

the following site has all the details of this particular plane
    http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/737/23167,AP-BKC-Bhoja-Airlines.php

summary:
    First Flight 13-12-1984
    Age 27.4 Years
    Airframe Status Written Off
    it was first used by british airways,,, then com air of africa,, then shaheen then this bhoja..

15. Vishnu Gandhi says:

Government shall try to find the cause of the accident. Whether it is human error or, maintenance issue or only weather related and use it to prevent future loss of life.

16. Syed Badshah Jr. says:

We can’t blame the accident on playing being an old one. Iran’s fleet of airplanes is much older as they don’t have access to the newer technology. However, they don’t have as much accidents.

We shouldn’t be putting fingers on anyone yet as black box will eventually reveal what happened.

Regards,
    SB Jr.

17. Syed Ali says:

The responsibility lies with the CAA, they are the one who renewed the air lines licenses. They charged heavy fees from the carrier to issue the license. CAA should pay the compensation to the bereaved families.

18. Z says:

Allah bless the departed souls and may give strength to the ones who lost their loved ones. No one can even imagine the pain.

All comments and technical expertise on the TV [ aka vultures ] or any media are good for drawing room talks.

May Allah guide the Pakistani nation to the right path.

19. Sandeep says:

The Boeing 737-200 has todate claimed >4200 lives.
    The Boeing 737-200 has by coincidence crashed exactly on 20 August in the years 2010, 2011 & 2012 with different airlines.
    Please refer Wikipedia for Boeing 737-200 for further info…

The one that crashed with Boja airlines was originally retired by another defunct paki private carrier.
    Boja airlines is itself defunct and I believe the aircraft was not serviced or maintained well.

• Bilal says:

this is pakistan my friend, like everything else, it will take couple of planes before the word “airline safety” comes to light.

• Khalid Rahman (CHICAGO) says:

We all are speechless except the Pakistani media that is showing its worst face by broadcasting the minutest gory detail. Pakistan is a country where human life or honor no longer has any value.

20. may their soul rest in peace….the responsible of this crash should be strictly punished

• Khan says:

A very sad story. You seem to be very optimistic about the punishment of the responsible persons my friend. Was ever a responsible person detected in any of the previous tragedies. Do you know why? Because the corrupt people will always protect corrupt people.

21. raghu says:

very very sad news. May God give the strength to the families. This should be thoroughly investigated and guilty if any in maintenance should be punished.

22. Chaman says:

My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families. It is indeed a great tragedy. Sad for the people who lost their lives. It is time for sympathy and support. I am sure experts will find the root cause of the crash.

23. syed i abbas says:

first of our sympathies goes with the berieved families,may Allah grant thent them Jannat, and saber to the effected fmilies.Shocked to read that it was one of the oldest plane about 28yrs old.All we want to know why they are flyingold plane and playing havoc with the lives of peoples.The airline management should be dealt crimnally…….

• salman ahmed says:

Look, This is not true, then how come the plane made up to 98% percent of the journey. its was the weather that caused havoc.

• Jehanzeb Khan says:

The weather in Pakistan is not worse then the weather in US, Canada or Europe. The aeroplanes are made for extreme weather conditions and the weather in pakistan never been extreme. It is the maintenance, quality and repairs which are responsible

24. M.KHAN says:

Well this is the only comment comes to my mind.

25. n.qureshi says:

my sympathies to the families.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement