What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, died of cardiac arrest on Thursday, but his musical legacy is here to stay.

He released 13 No.1 singles, won 13 Grammy Awards, put out Thriller, the biggest selling album of all time, and sold 750 million records worldwide. His repertoire is sheer genius, each album breaking new musical ground, innovating new musical styles and setting the tone for a generation. Is it possible, then, to have a favourite Michael Jackson song? Can you really choose ‘Thriller’ over ‘Beat It’, or ‘Billie Jean’ over ‘ABC’?

Dawn.com asks its readers to pick their favourite Michael Jackson hit.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

100 Responses to “What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?”

1. hause musik says:

Jackson just died to early, but I guess he has written his great songs already. I think it is just sad for him personally.

2. mj fan says:

Michael Jackson was an phenomenal artist and was the Best dancer in the world, no one will be able to come even close to what he had achieved in his Life. Michael had a gift from God to entertain us and make us feel good. I can’t remember one song that I didn’t at least pop a finger to. His contributions to the world are too great to mention. Every Song of MJ is My Favourite Song. I will Love You forever. He was the best. His music is so pure that I feels like I am in complete different world, infact I am listening to his music right now while writing this. Now (you are not alone) Song is going on , I wish just for once in a life time I would have met him, He is immortal but still his death is a big loss of energy in our lives. Michael Jackson has been the most popular and loved celebrity across all the countries of world and across all generations Since this earth is formed no entertainer so far has been able to match 1/4 of his global popularity He is an ANGEL who will represent MUSIC in this genesis of earth, He truly deserves his title, “King of Pop”, and I am very sorry to realize that he will never know how much he is loved and appreciated by so many. I just can’t stop loving you Rest in Peace MJ.

3. Rashid says:

Billie Jeans

4. mj fan says:

Michael jackson was an phenominal artist and the Best dancer in the world , no one will be able to come even close to what he had achieved in his Life . Every Song of MJ is My Favourite Song.I Love You forever”He was the best . His music is so pure that i feels like i am in complete different world , infact i am listening to his music right now while writing this . Now (you are not alone ) Song is going on , i wish just for once in a life time i would have met him , I just can’t stop loving you Rest in Peace MJ.

5. Michael jackson was an phenominal artist and the Best dancer in the world , no one will be able to come even close to what he had achieved in his Life . Every Song of MJ is My Favourite Song. Rest in Peace “MJ”.”I Love You forever”.He was the best . His music is so pure that i feels like i am in complete different world , infact i am listening to his music right now while writing this . Now (you are not alone ) Song is going on , i wish just for once in a life time i would have met him , I love you mj http://www.michaeljacksonfanss.co.cc/

6. zahida says:

Thriller and Beat it.

7. fan says:

Billie Jean

8. mj fan says:

Michael jackson was an phenominal artist and the Best dancer in the world , no one will be able to come even close to what he had achieved in his Life . Every Song of MJ is My Favourite Song. Rest in Peace “MJ”.”I Love You forever….http://www.michaeljacksonfanss.co.cc

9. varundbest says:

Wonderful mate!

10. jordan shoes says:

“Man in the mirror”, “Stranger in Moscow” & “Human Nature”

11. fm053 says:

Impossible to answer whole-heartedly but, Smooth Criminal & The Earth Song.

Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough.

12. Zareen Zubair says:

Man in the Mirror and Stranger in Moscow

13. Abaseen says:

Dirty Diana and Billie jean

14. Bela Shokat says:

Both vinyls with Quincy Jones ‘On the wall’ and ‘Thriller’……

15. Hamid says:

Gone too soon.

16. fallen angel says:

hmm..every song by Mj but particularly BLACK or White and U r not alone And ya Billie jean..

17. mattyb says:

Mj will be greatly missed for a long length of time, and me and my family still mourn his passing.

My favourites MJ songs are Billie Jean, Remember the Time, In The Closet, Liberian Girl, Beat It, Thriller and Man in the Mirror.

All great songs, impossible to choose the best of these.

18. Irfan Arshad says:

To all music lovers i know for sure there is no 1 like him he was the best. Great loss.

19. Noman Shabbir says:

My favorite song is “They dont realy care about us”.

20. I will surely miss Michael Jackson, he is really worthy of the name King of Pop and he is certainly one of the greatest musicians of all time.

21. Michael Jackson is grrrrrrrrrrr888888888 singer n king of the pop n i think mj fav songs
    you are not alone
    Billie Jeans

22. Winston says:

Every king needs a jester .
    I cannot name my favorite song ,
    but it would be a version by Weird Al Yankovic .
    Genius saluting genius !

23. malik says:

he was charismatic. i lke the most ‘thriller’.

24. Bilal Khan says:

It has to be “you rock my world” from dangerous album,,,,check it out on youtube, even the video is fab with chris tucker…

RIP Jacko!!x

25. Sohaib Rashid says:

Oh Gosh !! Its really hard to choose between Thriller and Beat It ! I think one will be compelled to choose Thriller for its iconic music video & the resultant impact it had and in fact still has all over the world !!! Not to mention the song’s itself catchy groovy music and brilliant lyrics, especially the prelude part ! A True Masterpiece !!

But one cannot forget that Beat It is also a kick ass song ! Anyone in the world who claims to be a music lover and still hasn’t heard these two songs surely he hasn’t listened to music yet !!!!!!!!

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement