What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, died of cardiac arrest on Thursday, but his musical legacy is here to stay.

He released 13 No.1 singles, won 13 Grammy Awards, put out Thriller, the biggest selling album of all time, and sold 750 million records worldwide. His repertoire is sheer genius, each album breaking new musical ground, innovating new musical styles and setting the tone for a generation. Is it possible, then, to have a favourite Michael Jackson song? Can you really choose ‘Thriller’ over ‘Beat It’, or ‘Billie Jean’ over ‘ABC’?

Dawn.com asks its readers to pick their favourite Michael Jackson hit.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

100 Responses to “What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?”

1. there is a close contest between billie jean and beat it, but I will go for later , as it is absolutely astonishing the way it has been sung and the break dance performed. even after 26 years, it is as fresh and it iterally generate lot of energy and your body starts to move and you are in a different world altogether.
    he was legend and served the mankind with his great talent. RIP.

2. Zain says:

1. Smooth Criminal
    2. They Don’t Care About Us
    3. Beat It

Michael Jackson. A legend who will never be replaced.

3. Salman says:

Man in the Mirror.

One of the his many songs anyone could relate to, but this was just special.

4. Mushi says:

“Laibarian Girl” and “Dangerous”

5. faisal sultan says:

JUST BEAT IT

6. mansoor says:

saddening news we heard yesterday of Micheal Jackson’s untimely death at a relatively young age.

He will undoubtedly remain the unconquered king of pop music for ages. He had a huge fan following, me included.

My all time favourite amongst the MJ tracks were his Billie Jean and Beat It numbers, his Thriller was also remarkable, specially the videos of beat it and thriller were always a treat to watch
    May his soul rest in peace

7. Amir says:

“Dirtyyy Dianaaaaaaaa” and “Black and White”

8. yasir ahmed says:

MJ the “King of Pop” he will remain, even after his death. No one will ever come close to the populairty that Michael Jackson had. The name “Michael Jackson” was enough no further introduction was needed.

May Allah Bless Him

Billie Jean is my all time favorite song.

9. Khurram Husain says:

“Man in the mirror”, “Starnger in Moscow” & “Human Nature”

10. A. Samad says:

‘Bad’.

11. Arif Zaman says:

“Wanna be startin something” and “Smooth Criminal”.
    AZ

12. Sam says:

‘Bad’

13. Fatima says:

I like Billie Jean more!

14. Fatima says:

Billie Jean

15. Khalid Shah says:

“Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough”

I feel like someone very closed to me passed away, his songs and stage shows will definitely live in our hearts for long.

16. Jay Shanker says:

I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that feels like I have lost somebody close to me. Rest in Peace Michael. There will be no one like you EVER !

17. Jay Shanker says:

To me the best ever MJ song will always be “Liberian Girl”. I still love to hear it after maybe a zillion times.

18. suresh says:

Black and White. Great music, lyrics and choreographics

19. Raptor21 says:

He had so many great songs but who could ever beat “Billie Jean”. He will not be forgotten, though he is dead he will live through his music forever.

20. Quraishpur says:

Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough

21. sumbal gillani says:

stranger in moscow…priceless

22. Abu Zolfiqar says:

Thriller

Beat It

Blood on The Dance Floor

Smooth Criminal

====================

if you don’t know those songs, and/or have never listened to them — then not only are you missing out, but you are also just an idiot.

Long live the legacy of Michael Jackson.

23. Abdul Moeed says:

all of his songs are heart touching

rest in peace Michael Jackson

24. dr.maan says:

Dont stop till you get enough –
    Somebody’s watching me –

MJ – The biggest superstar ever. RIP

25. speedy says:

Can’t stop till you get enough, Thriller, Beat It, Billy Jean, Bad, Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Smooth Criminal, Give Into Me, to name a few. I’m sure I’m forgetting some too. MJ was indeed a very special performer and entertainer, and there’s hardly anyone who doesn’t have a great memory attached to his music.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement