Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21

Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21

Dawn.com will host Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi on Tuesday, September 21, for a live blogging session with its readers.

You can send in your questions or comments for the tennis star as he returns to the Dawn Blog after a record-breaking run at the US Open.

Questions can be sent via the comments section of this forum or you can log on to Dawn.com for a live chat with Aisam on September 21 at 5.30pm PST.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

123 Responses to “Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21”

1. Akbar Saleem says:

We are Proud of your recent achievements in the US open,specially for the Courage on & off the court,keep it up,just wanted to ask why do you think youhave not been so successful in the singles format,& what are you doing about it? Thanks alot

2. Miriam says:

Wooohhh!!

3. Sarmad Hussain says:

Good Evening Aisam,
    First of all i congrates you to reach the place you deserve. Because of you people know about Tennis. Thanks. One thing i notic after watching your number of matches,online,that you have to improve your return shots specialy back hand. What u think? Thanks.

4. Amnah says:

Assalam u alikum Aisam .I am a big fan of tennis. Pett sempras was my favorite tennis player.Seeing you playing tennis sounds always very good being pakistani. They way you reached this level with flying colors is a pride for all pakistanis.In this era of tension in our country your participation in US tennis really made all of us feel happy.May Allah bless you more …

5. Tayyab Raza says:

Aisam you are truly a hero, And thank you for bringing smiles on the faces of dejected nation…
    just 1 question:
    “who is the highest seeded singles player who has wished you luck in your career so far” ???

6. farrukh maqbool says:

Aisam is the real hero of our nation.i salute him what he had done in Tennis history of Pakistan.And he is the person who spread message of peace and positive image of Pakistani Nation , in real words.We love youuuuuuuuuuu

7. The whole nation needs heores like you. We were down in dumps when you made us feel proud again. Best of luck and wishes of whole nation are with you. Do you plan to open any trust or become UM ambasador for peace?

8. Saleem Shahid Meo says:

Aisam Bhayyia
    Unlike our imprudence match fixers in cricket, you are doing a lot to earn fame and god name for the nation. You are a great icon. Wishing you the best in your future lfe.

9. Maira says:

Hi Aisam,
    We’re dying to see you perform in Dubai…do you have plans for playing in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Open here? It would make the Pakistani community so damn proud to see our guy here. Pls pls come & play here & give us a chance to scream & shout our support for you!!

May Allah give you strength & success & many more years of brilliant tennis..You Rock!

Maira

• Mohsin Ali Hassan says:

I think you were not following Aisam before his US open success,,, he was in Dubai playing ATP 500 tournament in month of February this year,,,,,, He will definitely play next year”s ATP 500 in Dubai as well…

10. Mohsin Ali Hassan says:

Hey Aisam Bhai ,,,,, i am regular reader of your blog Cross-court with Aisam…..
    my Question is that is it possible for local TV channels to broadcast your matches of ATP tour,,,,, because your Die hard Fans can only use live scores to track your match progress,,,,, Because most of the times in US open 5 to 6 matches were covered at a time ,,,, but only one match featuring top ranked players are broadcasted at a time on a given channel,,,,, if local channels can strike a deal to broadcast matches featuring Aisam and Rohan,,,,,, tennis can enjoy huge Fan base in Pakistan as well…. the only reason which is holding tennis back is no coverage of matches Featuring Aisam and no tournaments happening in Pakistan,,,, i know it is up to channels to do it or not ,,,,,, but is it possible,,,,, we do not want to see federer, Rafa and Maria,,,,,, we just want to watch you live….. It was amazing when Final was played,,,,, even people who did not know any thing about Tennis was praying for you to win….

Thanx ,,,, your die hard Fan

11. Faizah says:

Dear Aisam,

First of all, congratulations on your success at the US open this year. You success means Pakistan’s success, so well done! This year you reached the finals, next time you will go one step further and win a grand slam (InshAllah) May I also applaud you for your post match presentation speech. Your message was loud and clear. I also appreciate your doubles pairing with Bopanna. You guys have shown others that differences are only created by us people. They don’t have to exist!

My question to you is, since your success at the US open, how much of a change do you see in people’s attitude towards you and how far do you think that your success will encourage others in Pakistan to pick up a tennis racquet?
    Also, have you interacted with Rafael Nadal? Just curious..he is my favourite player :)

12. Hammad says:

Do you have any plans to initiate a tennis academy in Pakistan or training young people who are willing to pursue tennis to the pro level?

13. Mansoor Iqbal says:

Just want you to let Aisam-ul-Haq know kay woh cheetah hai hamara! What he said in American soil takes a lot of courage. He is indeed a true patriot, his love for Pakistan was there for all to see in the little speech he delivered. We love you Aisam, your our hero man!

14. Nida says:

Congratulations Aisam ul Haq! I Thankyou on behalf of the entire nation for helping us regain our belief in pakistani sports.

My question is that why does everyone keep saying that Pakistan is a country with immense talent at all levels, but if true, then why are there only a handful of sportsmen who are given the opportunity,limelight and acknowledgement ?And if they are among the lucky ones who are given the chance, they engage in unfair practices or look for easy ways to make money rather than realizing that they are the representatives of Pakistan.

Nida Haroon
    Karachi.

15. Mansoor Azam Khan says:

First of all, congratulations are in order for such a wonderful display of tennis at this US Open. Not that it needs any re-iteration, but still, we are extremely proud of your efforts.

As a tennis player, I have two questions for you:

1) How important is the racket grip size and racket tension while serving and in general? What racket tension do you keep (especially while serving) and do you use different racket grip sizes and tension for different aspects of your game? I know the mechanics and effects of adjusting those things, just want to know how important they are for you!

2) How to go about becoming a professional tennis player in the UK? As in what kind of tournaments I need to play to start off my career and see if I have the potential to really pursue it as a professional career.

I was one of the fortunate ones to see your wimbledon quarter-final alongside rohan’s family this year, you played extremely well for such a big stage and I though the margin of loss was just a few important points! I cannot emphasis enough how inspiring you have been in these dark times, especially to tennis players around the country. Best of luck for the future!! Thank you!

16. jiah says:

AISAM congratulations!!!!!!!
    the whole nation is proud of u…i want to ask that how can we opt for tennis as a professions,as i was atennis player in my school but because of some reasons and studies and couldnt carry on with it after school and also there was no proper institute for tennis.ap jab se jeete hain tu kuch lag raha hai ke ab kuch badle ga :) and also how can a fan contact u or send u wishes any email id or facebook account if any then plz reply me

your well wisher,
    jiah shamim

17. Yasir says:

Aisam…don’t you think that Bopanna was little bit uncomfortable while playing break points.You played better tennis than Bryan Brothers throghout…but they were strong in beak points.

18. Mohila Syed says:

Hey Aisam you have done a great job mashALLAH.The thing i like most about you is, u represented Pakistan on behalf of whole nation as a peace loving country.You gave the message of love and peace in front of the whole world and proved that we are not terrorist and love peace as every other nation does.And yes your game is amazing,though you are the runner up but for Pakistan you are the winner.May ALLAH give you sucess in upcoming matches.Cheers to you! :)

19. Saba Ilyas Qureshi says:

We are proud of you!! Atleast you bring some good news!

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement