Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21

Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21

Dawn.com will host Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi on Tuesday, September 21, for a live blogging session with its readers.

You can send in your questions or comments for the tennis star as he returns to the Dawn Blog after a record-breaking run at the US Open.

Questions can be sent via the comments section of this forum or you can log on to Dawn.com for a live chat with Aisam on September 21 at 5.30pm PST.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

123 Responses to “Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21”

1. Haider says:

As Salaam O Alaikum Aisam,

It’s not what you did on the court that has made me your fan (quite commendable as it was) it’s the off field performance, we pakistanis seem to fare poorly in always, that had me beaming with happiness.

Keep at it brother, with cricket in free fall, time is ripe for there to be a new no 1 Sporting Hero of Pakistan and that too from a ‘non-cricketing’ background. Keeping making us Proud and win more laurels for the country, the country needs it! :)

God Bless you!

2. Fátimah says:

Assalamualaika dost. My name is Isabel de Fátima…am from south Brazil…I love Pakistan so much…and would like people had better life there…I have seen bad news about my loved pakistan…I would like Pakistan had like Brazil…with peace and dignity all people…Here we are happy alhandulillah…little kiss on your heart…nice and blessed week to you.

3. Eric says:

Hi,

Hope to see you perform even better at the next grand slam; hope to see you lift a trophy with your partner at the next big tournament. And I suggest to start training hard and getting ready for the single’s. It will be tough but I hope you’re up to the challenge to make us proud (trust me we need it)

My question is with extensive training do you believe you will make it to atleast the 3rd or 4th round of a grand slam?

4. Kamran says:

Welldone Aisam!!.you did a great job .It is a wonderful news for all tennis lovers specially overseas pakistanis.You made a great contribution in reflecting a positive image of pakistan.Pakistan need people like you.
    I live in Australia and I would like to invite you in Australia on my expense as a token of recognition on your great acheivement.

5. Syed Farooq Azam says:

Will not say much
    “we love this world as much you people love”
    these words made me cry

6. Hafeez says:

Dear Aisam,
    Thankyou for making every Pakistani proud,

Your game plus Your words have done wonders indeed,
    Be a great ambasador of this great country,

Keep winning, heartfelt prayers of each Pakistani are with you,

7. Umair says:

When and where are you going to play your next tournament (other than Common wealth games)? How much hopeful are you about maintaining your current ranking and to get into the top 20 players by the end of this year?

8. Mashhood Amin says:

Assalam O alkum.
    I am 29. I was 17 when i returned form Saudi Arabia to live in Karachi. I bought a tennis racket form Jeddah being hopeful that i will play for Pakistan in the future. I went to Karachi Club and Karachi Gymkhana were the guard didn’t let me in. After quite some time I managed to talk to the authorities. They told me that they will only consider for my membership if only i give them 4 lac rupees or else if i can prove myself to be of any kin with any powerful politician. I had a chance to have a glimpse inside the club where i found only Older men playing tennis. From that day my dream of playing for Pakistan was shattered. I hope you will come here and open an academy for youngsters. My Allah help you in future.

9. Maria says:

Hey Aisam!
    Thanx for making Pakistanis proud again by playing Superb.Just want to ask, Do u plan to play Singles in Wimbledon Or US Open or you will focus more on doubles?

10. Dawood says:

Dear Aisam, When are you coming back to italy to play iytalian open ? Looking forward to seeing you soon.
    Danyal, Nadya, Mojca and Dawood

11. Imran says:

Salam Aisam Bhai!

You have made everyone proud!!!

Keep up the good form in the CW games, Shanghai Masters and in the European Indoor Season.

INSHALLAH u and Rohan will qualify for the World Tour Finals!!

12. Fatima says:

May you have Allah’s best in everything.

13. jiah says:

1)aisam if u have to select only one player then ap kis ko select kareinge rohan or yourself??????

i would love to watch u against rafael nadal,i guess if its possible then i would definitely attend that event desperately waiting for it hopefully next year inshALLAH in wimbledon

2)why r u not going for singles?u r a good player and u must play singles also

BEST WISHES FOR UR FUTURE

take care,
    jiah

14. Omar Moeen Malik says:

Hi Aisam. What you’ve achieved is a big milestone for you as a player, and this country. We are all very proud of you. From your personal experience, for this nation hooked only on to Cricket, can you suggest some of the steps that can be taken by the (i) Govt, (ii) Sports Ministry, (iii) Media, (iv) Youth, (v) Schools and Colleges, (vi) Others, to ensure that Tennis (and other games) become more popular in this country and that we churn out more Aisams in the future?

15. Sajjad Kazmi says:

Live Long life handsome

Well done Aisam, Congratulations, thank you for bringing the good news in such bad and depressed time, when all the nation is suffering from many bad happening.

I wish and hpe that one day you will bring mens’s single bigest title to Pakistan, wish you very healty and successfull and trouble free life

16. Ilyas Abasi says:

Aisam ! Go ahead & fly green flag as high as you can.
    Do you have any plans for a TENNIS MUSEUM in Lahore ??

I must say that Aisam (The Son of Pakistan) is an ambassador of our country.

17. Khalid Muhammad says:

Aisam Assalam-o-Alikum

I know you are currently focused on your doubles game: have you completely given up on singles? My other question is are you working on to increase your first serve speed? that would certainly give you great advantage in crunch situation e.g tie breakers. I got really impressed with your backhand returns on your opponents first serves, it was something awesome to watch. I wish you all the best for your future endeavors.

18. Fateh Mirza says:

Aisam, congratulations on your run through the US Open and an overall outstanding job as a tennis player. You stand as an inspiration to Pakistanis at home and abroad, and will always be remembered as a hero in Pakistan. Also, we Pakistanis in the US would love to see you!

19. qadri says:

Aisam may Allah be with u. my prayers are with u.

20. Patriotic says:

Hi Aisam,
    As a Muslim, I am proud of your speech after your doubles match. Could you please comment on the unfortunate situation of Aqeel Khan who feels helpless due to his financial circumstances. Do you agree he had the talent to be a world class tennis star had it not been for financial reasons?

21. mashkoor alik khan says:

AISAM SALAMUALAKUM, CONGRATULATION. DO YOU THINK ASKING OUR UNDER 14 AND UNDER 18 TO PLAY BEST OF FIVE SETS IN ALL NATIONAL LEVEL TOURNAMENTS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA. I VISIT PAKISTAN EVERY THREE YEAR OR SO WHAT I HAVE NOTICE IS LACK OF TENNIS POSTURE WHAT IMEAN THEY LACK PHYSICAL AWARENESS OF A TENNIS PLAYER. I AM PHYSICAL THERAPIST AND ALSO PLAYED NCAA DIV 2 TENNIS.

22. mj90 says:

Hi
    You mentioned earlier that you would try to set up a tennis academy in Lahore. I wanted to know if this is still a possible move on your part, and when such a thing will be set up.
    Thank you and you were absolutely amazing at the US Open. :)

23. Anam Nawaz says:

And yes Rohan Bopanna deserves equal praise for his brilliant performance as a team-mate.

24. Anam Nawaz says:

Terrific performance at the US Open men’s doubles final. Enjoyed every minute of it! You wanted to give your country men some happiness in this turbulent times and believe me you have succeeded in your goal. Your effort reflected your sincerity and people like me who followed your matches were already proud of you by seeing your performances. Your post match comment about Pakistan was unexpected for all those who didn’t follow your press conferences and by speaking on behalf of 180 million people you have won everyone’s hearts. You may never have thought that people will relate to you in this way as you simply expressed your sentiments and I totally understand that because Pakistanis like me living abroad are in a constant struggle to change the wrong perception about Pakistan but honestly you deserve all the praise for utilizing such a big platform for such a great cause. Pakistan is proud of you.

25. who is better player. you or your partener???

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement