Remembering Rajesh Khanna

Remembering Rajesh Khanna

Bollywood legend Rajesh Khanna passed away in Mumbai on Wednesday, following prolonged illness.

Khanna rose to fame in the late 1960s and would go on to play leading roles in Hindi cinema for the coming decades. He is survived by his film-star wife Dimple Khanna and two daughters, Rinke and Twinkle Khanna.

Dawn.com invites its readers to share their memories of Rajesh Khanna…

What are your favourite Rajesh Khanna movies?

Which of the innumerable classic songs shot on this hero of Bollywood amongst your favourites?

What is that one unforgettable memory of Rajesh Khanna?

How would you like to remember the great actor?

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

86 Responses to “Remembering Rajesh Khanna”

1. zafar Iqbal says:

‘zindagi ka safar hai ye kaisa safar koi samjha nahi koi jana nahi.Rajesh khanna’s death saddened me most.I grew up by listening his film songs .specially ye jo mohabbat hai ye unka hai kam , and mere sapno ki rani kab ayegi.he was first and last romantic hero of bollywood.

2. Amit Gupta says:

just want say Paki Bro : both of us : hate tears, we are same heart same feelings please live again with Anand. Babumoshai : hum dono mulk ki kismat ek sath judi hui hai…or hamara Amar Prem india – pak goverment ke hanto ki Kathputaliyan hain…use na uupar wala badal sakta hai ..na cricket…is door ko bus dono mulk ki public tord sakti hai…kora kagaj hai ye maan is pur jo likh doge wahi yaad aayega

WE MISS YOU RAJESH JI
    GOD BLESS YOU

3. himidik. says:

‘kaka’ will remain in our heart for years and years – May God rest him in peace.

4. Dwarkanath says:

There are few comments which are unnecessarily discriniminate as Hindu or Muslims. I believe, Pakistan Government had preserved the homes of Dev Anand and Dilip kumar who born in today’s Pakistan. Who knows, the day may come where we may unite with each others and appreciate artist across the boundary without such ill feeling.

Personally i feel With whatever said and done, May his soul rest in the peace.

Grateful to my pakistani brothers who feel sad about the death of Kaka.

• Mohammad Rajper says:

I recall seeing many of his movies and am very saddened with his passing.In fact i was not even awre that he was ill.So it was even a bigger shock on his passing.May his soul rest in peace and my sincere condolences to his bereaved family specially to his wife,Dimple who herself is an accomplished actress.

5. Atif says:

Sad News! :(

6. Kamal says:

Most people opt for Anand or Aradhana as his best but does anyone remember that songless tense thriller masterpiece Ittefaq? I would rate that on par with Anand for his intense acting (without any distracting romantic mannerisms).

7. T.M.Wazir says:

Movies are for entertainment and Rajesh Khanna did a very good job to entertain people. I saw many of his movies during 70s & 80s and I enjoyed all of his movies. He will be missed for a long tme. May God bless him .

8. Riaz Bokhari says:

RIP Rajesh Khanna

You brought us joy with your acting and your songs – Chingaari koi bharke.

Thanks for all you gave to the people of India and Pakistan and the whole world.

Riaz Bokhari

9. chitra says:

great actor RIP RAJESH

10. MIR ALI says:

No one can do what he did in Amar Prem.

11. Rick Bindra says:

‘Hazaar raahein mud ke dekhi, kahin koi sada na aayi,’ “Zindgi ka safar hai yeh kaisa safar, koi samjha nahin, koi jaana nahin’ r.i.p sir! The only regret for him his if he had not ‘C’ grade movie like ‘Wafaa’ that has tainted his glorious past.

12. zakaria says:

What a great actor he was.Good looking a unique style of acting and his clear articulation was a stand out among his competitors.We grew up on his films and even today do his hit numbers on numerous karoake evenings.He was a stalwart of hindi cinema and won a many hearts.Looked so boyish in 1972-79 era.You will be thoroughly missed and we hope the best for your loved ones.
    Thank you rajesh jee and hindi cinema for entertaining us.
    God bless you

13. safia naz says:

he was a great actor.i like his many movies and songs.the song i like most is ‘ jis gali mein tera ghar na ho balma us gali se hamein to guzarna nahee.

14. Girish says:

Heart broken.

15. shahid says:

What a Legend, what an actor who can forget him ruled our hearts did we check his religion before we fall in love with him Music and Art has no religion

16. Farrukh SIar says:

By far my favorite actor. His style was very unique, and he stands out as an actor in an era, where there were so many other superstars acted, like Amitabh, Dharmindra, shahi, Rashi, Sanjeev, Sharu etc. I loved every movie of his and my favorite was Alag Alag. May God bless him, he will be missed.

17. allahpak says:

Shame on you guys! revering a Hindu actor!

• No one is talking about the religion here. If you don’t believe that this his art was a God gift, then you also need a lesson in religion.

How you call yourself allahpak, you should be ashamed of your self by using this alias. Shame on you.

• human says:

how can moderator of the site allow such a comment?? like”allahpak “????these are also dawn’s policy to spread intolerance about other religion???

• Gururaj says:

Come on man , he was a great actor. You should watch some of his movies. Even you will like them.

• MKhan says:

Please disregard this

• shabab says:

Love humanity and respect the people belonging to other religions. Your comments hurt others. Your are intolerant person, giving your religion bad name. It will not help you or other muslims.

18. Krish Chennai says:

The most haunting tribute to Mian Rajesh, would be this song, though full credit to Kishore and Waheeda Rehman:

http://youtu.be/QXmeMDMjx20

19. Mohammad (Canada) says:

And so, the great star has gone for ever but has left his memories in our hearts and minds!

20. S. A. M. says:

I am an exception. I could never like his acting or style (which to me was always the same). He was overshadowed by the decent Amitabh Bachan and the good looking Shashi Kapoor.

• Unnikrishnan says:

I also feel this is true but such remarks are generally not offered during tribute to legendary actors. His role as “BAWARCHI” in Hrishikesh Mukharjee’s 1972 film stands out. I recommend this to all film lovers being a very good film where RK appeared in non-romantic role.

21. KDP says:

One of the most memorable movie with sensational dialogues was Anand.
    Here is the link where somebody uploaded selected dialogues from Anand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23zBF4Wm8Gs&feature=related

22. Wahid says:

In my platonic learning:
    What is seen is not a reality. The reality is ideal, real impressions of the legend’s characters living in minds, love, respect and honour for him are reality.
    Rajesh Khanna! You are cherished and that is reality. May your oooper wala bless you peace endlessly.

23. Reddy sahib says:

what was that , “wish he was a Muslim” this obsession is killing all the shias and hazaras.

24. KDP says:

It is amazing how fitting the following poem written by Sahir and spoken by Rajesh Khanna in the Movie Dag is to his real life.
    Mai To kuchh bhi nahi – Muj ko itni Muhobbat na do Dosto

MAI TO KUCH BHI NAHI- POEM FROM MOVIE-DAAG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCgXUetgqo

25. Tahir Amjad says:

great , powerful actor…

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement