Predict the unpredictable

Predict the unpredictable

Cricket pundits never imagined that Pakistan would overcome the formidable Kiwis and South Africans and make it all the way to the T20 finals. Since the experts keep getting it wrong, we thought we’d allow you take a shot at guessing what will happen in tonight’s match.

If Pakistan wins the toss, should they bat or field? What will be the target? Is Malinga going to sling us off the field or will Gul beguile the Lankans? And will Afridi be able to maintain his stellar run and keep his eyes open as he bats? Share your predictions with us.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

156 Responses to “Predict the unpredictable”

1. kamran says:

pakistan will win

2. Salman says:

Sorry to say..but I think the match will be thrown

3. SHADOW says:

Today is really a big match for both the team No one can Predict any thing 100% because you can expect any thing from Pakistan as well as Srilanka. I my views this match matters more a match. If (I Hope We Can) we win this final the World T-20 Champ Pakistan is more strong to fight the World Cup venues Issue. I wish PAKISTANI Team makes the Nation Happy today.
    PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

4. SHADOW says:

Today is really a big match for both the team No one can Predict any thing 100% because you can expect any thing from Pakistan as well as Srilanka. I my views this match matters more a match. If (I Hope We Can) we win this final the World T-20 Champ Pakistan is more strong to fight the World Cup venues Issue.

5. Mohsin Awan says:

I really appreciated Srilank for coming and playing with us during hard time on our criket but my prayers are with Pakistan, off course. We born to win!

6. Z Khan says:

Pakistan were in essence the real champions of the last 20/20 world cup-they were there but for a slight error by Misbah. But never mind this is cricket.India won by default and that is why they are out this time round.Pakistan is still in. So Pakistan will win this time because 20/20 is there style of game.
    When Pakistan is all fired up and its thrusters are on all four boosters-no team in the world can stop them.

Although the Sri Lankan team is v great and loved by pakistani’s because of our historical affinity to that nation and team.

May the best team win hopefully pakistan but if sri lanka does win then I will be happy for them.

7. Dr. Asad Sadick, Germany says:

Pakistan team definitely has the potential to win it. I dont like the over-confidence though, as this will pump extra adrenalin and the co-ordination will go haywire.
    Pakistan should bat if they win the toss and set a target of 160 plus, which has been rare in this competition. My bet, however, is that SL will take it, as they have better nerves and our boys will get bogged down due to extra effort. Whosoever wins or loses, the ultimate winner is Cricket.

8. It does’ not matter who wins or lost at the end, but one should have to put their 100% and this what we except from pakistan.

And Inshallah Pakistan will win

9. Mohsin Siddiqui says:

Today’s match is going to tough. SriLanka has Psycological advatage over pakistan.
    “but Inshala Pakistan will win”

10. waqar rahman says:

Inshaallah ! Pakistan will win ! If they do not, then they should be beaten in Public for crashing our hopes and dreams. Allah will have mercy on our nation !

11. Saheed Khan says:

SL will win toss and select to bat
    SL 205/8
    pak 192/9

12. Mansoor says:

As Afridi stated Inshallah! Pakistan will win.

13. Zafar Akhtar says:

it will be very tuff for Pakistan because their players are not consistent

14. HUSSAIN HABIB says:

I LOVE MY PAKISTAN VERY MUCH, AND MY ALL GOOD WISHES WITH PAKISTAN,

SO FOR TODAY BEST OF LUCK PAKISTAN

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD…

15. sarosh says:

The team who will play better cricket will win.. N wish that it’ll be Pakistan InshAllah !!!
    Best of luck Pakistan..
    Just show the world what can you do when the day is yours..
    cheers !!

16. kalimullah says:

pakistan will win inshallah. history say that when we put a target and struggle for that as a team with the help of Allah we won and today we also play as a team.

17. Ariya says:

And Pakistan team had played valiantly! Two superb teams play today and it’s great pleasure to watch it! Good luck to both teams!

18. Ariya says:

if you want me to predict, Sri Lanka wins outright, whether Sri Lanka bats first or not,and if SL bats first, Pakistan has no chance whatsoever.

Having said that, my wish is that the match should be close one, for its played by two friendly nations, who cannot live without each other and who would not live without each other!

I would prefer to predict a close fought match, even though I know Sri Lanka wins!

19. Fahad Yaqoob says:

I am scared :(

20. Qadeer Ahmad says:

It does not mater who wins or loose Pakistan should play a positive cricket. My favorite team is Pakistan they should win for our country.

They should show Pakistan is a cricket loving nation & on Sri Lankan Team no Pakistani can attack.

Last but not the least Pakistan have got all the rights and capabilities to host world cup 2011, ICC should re think on their decision, they can not isolate Pakistan from Cricket and we will prove it TODAY.

21. Ameera Khan says:

I would LOVE for Pakistan to win of course!

HOWEVER…

… if we lose, I won’t be disheartened because when you “lose” in a game you’re playing with friends, it’s not a real loss. Sri Lankans have won my heart for their kindness and down-to-earth attitude, especially in the aftermath of the LAhore attacks.

So…whether we win or lose tomorrow, I’ll be smiling anyway. :D

22. Pakistani says:

Asalam o alaikum.
    My Heart and somewhat mind is paralled to the victory of Pakistan. WHen we look at the History When Ever (in any Game)if a country has suffered the ”Defeat” and it take another Chance without Gap-period, team clicks. Same things happened with Pakistan. This is what my Mind is saying me
    On the OtherHand My Heart which doesnt need Intellectual views says Pakistan Will WIn the WOrld CUp and We will Rule the WOrld Again. Becoz Last time we lost it by India Now Allah Gave us another CHance to Prove Ourselves and Now here it THe Intellectual Views poped up ” Allah Kay GHar DAIR HAY ANDHAIR NAI”
    InshaAllah we will WIn

23. Mudasser Sulehria says:

“Cricket By Chance”, is very fare saying. Pakistan should Bat First if Pakistan win taus. Guys should play their natural game, whatever by the result does not matter. Pakistan would be on victorious stand at today night. Best of Luck!

24. syed umair pirzada says:

win or lose….its just a game…my prediction: the team which plays better will win (;

25. No one thought that pakistan will be there in the final….but they did it because of their sheer strength of bowling…So good luck Pakistan..

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement