What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, died of cardiac arrest on Thursday, but his musical legacy is here to stay.

He released 13 No.1 singles, won 13 Grammy Awards, put out Thriller, the biggest selling album of all time, and sold 750 million records worldwide. His repertoire is sheer genius, each album breaking new musical ground, innovating new musical styles and setting the tone for a generation. Is it possible, then, to have a favourite Michael Jackson song? Can you really choose ‘Thriller’ over ‘Beat It’, or ‘Billie Jean’ over ‘ABC’?

Dawn.com asks its readers to pick their favourite Michael Jackson hit.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

100 Responses to “What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?”

1. Kalyan says:

Smooth Criminal (Dangerous)

2. Dr. Hyder Khoja says:

One of the greatest pop singers who have turned the view of music and took it to a moon walk…We will miss him…A great legend and genius artist of the century.

God bless his soul.

3. Asad Baig - Karachi. says:

Michael Jackson death has taken away a mucsician an entertainer that may be very difficult to replace in future. In early eighties, 1983-84 onwards he took Karachi by storm. I was in school in those days and his music was all over. Pakistan had only one TV channel in those days i.e. Pakistan Television (PTV) and only one radio station, Radio Pakistan which use to Play English music for an hour or so each day. There was no dish, cable, internet or mobile phone. There was a very strict policy of not showing any kind of English music, dance music on PTV. The VCR was the only available option to watch any songs in the eighties , with British TOPS of POPs being the favorite of every one having interest in English music. The making of Thriller video became very popular here in Karachi and through this video we were able to see Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson MOON WALK was talk of the town in those days. His other songs like Billie Jean, Beat It, etc, were very popular too. Michael Jackson songs became very popular in Pakistan even though a large number of people could not understand English. Michael Jackson became a house hold name in Karachi. Michael Jackson dance was copied by youngsters and music was played everywhere in schools, colleges, etc. Michael Jackson inspired thousands of Pakistanis like me towards English music. Michael had a beautiful voice, his music was extraordinary and his dance was simply out of this world. All his hit songs are very good but my favorite are Billy Jean, Beat it, Thriller, Human Nature, Black or White,Rock with You and Heal the World. It’s sad he is no more in the world but those who saw him especially at the height of his career will never forget him.

4. Naeem says:

Beat it

5. Hamza Khan says:

Can’t pick a single favorite….I loved all his songs equally. R.I.P Michael…in my opinion he was bigger than 2pac, more phenomenal than the beatless…greatest dancer, greatest singer…greatest entertainer to ever set foot on earth…He sang for the world; for black, for white, for the dead and for the living…

6. The passing away of Michael Jackson is a great tragedy indeed. He was a real legend of the music world and will remain so for ever.

I had the honor of meeting up with this great American icon and found him to be a simple and humble human being without any ‘ego’ whatsoever, as most of the Bollywood and Hollywood stars have got embedded in them and their false personalities.

Most of what is propagated in the biased US and the Western media about his personal life is nothing but false. For sure, many unscrupulous people tried to take undue advantage of his wealth and reputation and resorted to filing false claims against him, when they failed.

His legacy encompasses the maximum & the best utilization of “Equal Opportunity” by a minority person in America, which eventually paved the way for Barack Obama to be the first ever black American President in the short 234 plus years US history.

His greatest legacy is the endless inspiration he provided to all global minorities in general and the black and other US minority groups including me, in particular.

May God Almighty bless his soul in peace and solace and provide his family, loved ones, friends. peers, colleagues, pals, associates and fans the fortitude and courage to bear this great irreparable loss. Aameen, Tsum Aameen.

7. Noor - CT says:

SAD ….
    I grew up listning to his songs so many good memories attach while listning his songs. Michael Jackson songs reminds me of my days at school, we use to hangout in our cars mazda 929,pioneer decks and somewhere in the background were MJ’s songs. Jacko will be missed – RIP.

Billy Jean the best!!!!

8. Raj says:

Its very hard to pull out a song from all of his albums, they are really good ones. But this is a tragic loss for the world of music its still unbelievable and shocking.

9. Bilal Umar says:

They Dont Care About Us

He’s been an icon whom each and everyone of us can relate to. He’ll always be the King of Pop.

His songs were probablly the first i ever listened to. May he rest in peace.

10. sadia aftab says:

well..MJ death is heart wreckening as he will truly be missed so far music prevails in this world. No one can fill up the vaccum he has created. He was truly a legend and one and only who was the pioneer in his class, brounght revolutionary change in the music industry.
    my fav no is heal the world i remember the day we were preparing our class 3 for singing competition and it brought tears to my eyes. They won the competition…
    May God rest his soul in peace.

11. Sameer says:

I am surprised Pakistanis are mourning his death when our country is going down the drain with each passing day and our soldiers are laying down their lives. Save your breaths and mourn their deaths, pray for their families cause they are going to get forgotten pretty soon rather than choosing a favorite song of his.

12. Sofia says:

Micheal Jackson was truly an artist. He was the type of person who appears only once in generation. We are all saddened by his loss.
    I remember that there was once talk of Michael Jackson performing in Lahore.The whole city was caught up in excitement at the rumours but they did not materialize. He brought the world together- not just black and white but people of all faiths and cultures. He was truly gifted. In the words of his brother, Germaine Jackson, resonated with his many fans around the Muslim world- Germaine Jackson asked Allah to bless Michael Jackson. May his genius and tormented soul be at ease. Ameen.

13. Sheheryar Hassan says:

I was born the year ‘Thriller’ was released. His songs were the greatest, however I always ended admiring his ‘Earth Song’ and ‘Stranger in Moscow’. A musical genius incomparable to any other and one that even is recognised in any deprived part of the country as well. I dare to say we still underestimate his reach. RIP Micheal. You will be missed.

14. Shahzad Firdous says:

I also liked “They dont care about us” song!

15. Shahzad Firdous says:

“Black or white” is my favorite M Jackson song
    very sad to know about his death! he danced and sang and entertained us for a long long tiem..he redifined the music and will always be remembered

16. Asim says:

There is no one song that can be labelled as favourite song……

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!

Loved his music – grew up with it; unforgettable :(

Truely a legend

17. Usman says:

REMEMBER THE TIME, I WILL ALWAYS MISS HIM. HE SHALL REMAIN THE UNDISPUTED KING OF POP

18. Faisa Mohsin (VA) says:

“Don’t stop Till you get enough..”

“Off the Wall”

R.I.P

19. Ijaz Qamar says:

“the way you make me feel” is also a very very good song

20. Ijaz Qamar says:

“I am bad” is the best

21. Schazad says:

Its a shocking news to me as the rest of the world. His all songs were great but I really liked his songs from “dangerous” album. I can’t believe he is gone. RIP

22. Michael Jackson was a brilliant troubadour for his generation, a genius whose music reflected the passion and creativity of an era. His artistry and magnetism changed the music landscape forever. We have been profoundly affected by his originality, creativity and amazing body of work. The entire Sony family extends our deepest condolences to his family and to the millions of fans around the world who loved him.”

23. Rushna Khurram says:

My childhood is truly attached with one of his greatest hits – Heal the World.. although ‘thriller’, ‘stranger in moscow’ and ‘man in the mirror’ are superb hits too.

24. Dr. Ram Chander Sharma says:

Thriller is the best, but everting is inovative.

25. Abdul Hafeez says:

Assalamu Alaikum, Mr. Jackson or Mikaeel jackson was rumoured to have become Muslim in 2007 or 2008. it was said that his muslim name is Mikaeel .. if that is so i’m glad he found truth.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement