What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, died of cardiac arrest on Thursday, but his musical legacy is here to stay.

He released 13 No.1 singles, won 13 Grammy Awards, put out Thriller, the biggest selling album of all time, and sold 750 million records worldwide. His repertoire is sheer genius, each album breaking new musical ground, innovating new musical styles and setting the tone for a generation. Is it possible, then, to have a favourite Michael Jackson song? Can you really choose ‘Thriller’ over ‘Beat It’, or ‘Billie Jean’ over ‘ABC’?

Dawn.com asks its readers to pick their favourite Michael Jackson hit.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

100 Responses to “What’s your favourite Michael Jackson song?”

1. Amir (NC) says:

Michael Jackson songs reminds me of my days at school, we used to hangout in our cars mazda 808s, 82 corollas, pioneer decks & speakers, puffing cigarettes and eating shaee supari to disguise the smell of smoke and somewhere in the background were MJ’s songs …man o man, talk about nostalgia ?

Any rate, my favorite songs were: billy jean beat it, and pretty young thing

2. ALI says:

he has left a vaccum in POP MUSIC and no one is right now to fill this.

3. Fuad Amjad says:

I’ll be there, (Jackson 5) may his soul rest in peace

4. Mawali says:

Kinza Haider says:
    “but when he lived he was used and abused and a number of scandals were being associated with him just bcoz he was black and “famous”

Michael Jackson was a great entertainer who had a problem with his identity. He simply looked bizarre to be honest.
    Please try to get over this black thing. They have!

5. M. Naeem Baig says:

My all time favorite from MJ is “One day in your Life”

6. Farid Ahmad says:

Micheal Jackson had a profound impact on the music industry his,he left a vacuum no one can fill no one can reach the status he achieved as a singer and an entertainer.

7. Roque Dias says:

“BeatIt” was a good song, but my favourite is the song “HEAL THE WORLD”

8. Kinza Haider says:

well…here we go with this one too.
    now lets see. Micheal was a great guy who stood among the best pop singers of the world and pioneer of the break dance! but when he lived he was used and abused and a number of scandals were being associated with him just bcoz he was black and “famous”! and now when he died…… everyone is showing sadness, consolement or whatever! and guess what will happen next.. he will be “forgotton”….very soon.

9. Majid says:

Thriller, Billie Jean and Bad

10. Haris says:

Billie Jean and Balck Or White

11. Haris says:

Black or White

12. There are so many that it is really difficult to pick any single name. But what appeals to me and stir my imagination is “Invincible “.

13. Faiza Mateen says:

All hit songs of Michael Jackson will always be remembered among his fans.

Today music industry has lost one of the most popular singers of all times.

His record hit songs will never be old. His untimely death cannot make him unpopular with the passage of time.

Though he died, but he will remain alive in the hearts of millions of people who has attended his live shows or have watched on only on Television screens.

14. Ashar Siddiqui says:

What a loss! I grew up listening his songs and just couldn’t believe that we have lost such a great personality. I am extremely sad at this tragic incident.

My favourite no doubt is Billie Jeans!

15. annie says:

Billie Jean, always

16. Fahad Asad says:

Its impossible to single out one song as a fav. I can easily list down 10 MJ songs which can be in my all time fav list at No. 1 …. MJ was without doubt the king of pop!

17. AZZ says:

What a SAD,SAD loss!
    I remember as a child watching the Jackson 5 cartoon in the morning.
    Our bedroom walls were covered in his posters. We went to see his concert (twice). My brothers even went as far as getting a MJ perm ! The best was blasting “Off the Wall” album from the bedroom window and anoying our neighbours.
    A true legend, a sad loss !!!!!!!!

18. ROOHI AMIR says:

Michael Jackson was an icon of entertainment industry and brought smiles and happiness to many around the world.
    My God bless him.

19. noor says:

umm ‘the way you make me feel’

20. ROOHI AMIR says:

Michael Jackson was an icon of entertainment industry and brought smiles and happiness to may around the world.
    My God bless him.

21. Azz says:

What a SAD,SAD loss ! As i child i remember watching the Jacson 5 cartoon in the mornings.
    My brothers and I went to see his concerts (twice). Our bedroom walls were covered in his posters and we used to blast his ” off the wall” album from our bedroom window to anoy our neighbours !
    All what is left now is memories.

22. M.A. QURESHI says:

Michael Jackson was a legend of the music world. Millions of people around the world will feel MJ departure from the world as their personal loss and loss of a important entity of this world.

23. Sidra Mahmood says:

I absolutely devastated over the death of the Legend, one and only Michael Jackson. There will never be anyone like you. RIP
    A SAD LOSS TO THE WHOLE WORLD. MICHAEL JACKSON PASSES AWAY……….
    and i like his song ROCK WITH YOU….

24. naveed says:

billie jean

25. Muhammad Babar says:

MJ was a phenomenon and the best entertainer the world had seen after Elvis. Billi jeans is my all time favorite song and I hope he is in a better place now, where does not have to be worried about the frenzied media and prosecutors running to drain his financial resource.

Rest in peace Michael and may Allah have mercy on you.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement