Ask Afridi

Ask Afridi

Pakistan’s World Twenty20 hero, Shahid Afridi, is all the rage with cricket fans world over. As attention shifts to Test cricket, Afridi takes out time to answer Dawn.com’s readers’ questions.

What is it that you have always wanted to know? Why he blew that kiss to Kallis or how, finally, he decided to build an innings? Do you have questions about Afridi’s training regimen, or his favourite moments in cricket history? Or do you want to learn the secret of delivering a lightening-fast flipper? Now’s your chance to chat with the champ and learn all.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

96 Responses to “Ask Afridi”

1. Riaz Khan Badrashi says:

how you felt when you were dropped out from the team in past on some occasion, despite your good bowling figure’s as compared to other bowlers?

2. Nazar Abbas says:

What do you think about becoming Pakistan Team’s Captain for One day and t20 games? I hope you get this post.

3. Farhan says:

Hello Afridi,

You have proved to Pakistan and the World that you are a great batsman with performances in T20 World Cup.

Are you now going to take some time to train our youngsters for the future?

Farhan

4. Najib says:

What is your choice for top 11 for T20 world cup for next year? Would you want no change in the team, or would you prefer the faces of Asif, Imran Nazir, Rana Naved?

5. Gul Barkat says:

It seems that you have changed, both as a sportsman and as a human.Which of the following is tru for bringing the most positive change in your life.

1- more attention to religion, pls guide us.
    2- someone is influencing your life, pls name.
    3- hard work in game, pls advise as a cricketer.

6. Aneel Tejani says:

Is retirement around the corner?

7. oops says:

will you take on the captaincy of pakistan T20 and win us the next world cup?

8. Assalamualaikum. In my opinion, no Pakistani cricketer should play in IPL (only just for money). Rather they should play in English-league or Australian-league which will certainly help them to improve their performances and attitude.

9. Adnan Raja says:

Shahid bhai,

You have made the nation proud in these difficult times. I wanted to know when and where you drew the line between being “Boom Boom” Afridi and also playing a strategic game where it was easy to tell you got under the opponent’s skin and managed to dismantle their resolve because they clearly had no idea what to expect from you anymore – in bowling and in batting?
    Love,
    Adnan

10. Usman Malik says:

Hey Afridi….would you be willing to take up the T20 Captaincy if PCB offers it to you? Do you think you are mentally ready for this position of responsibility?

11. Saad says:

Shahid…

Great work!

What has caused this amazing transformation in your batting method?
    Do you intend to bat at number 3 in ODI’s as well? or was it only for T20’s?

12. Muhamed says:

insha ALLAH sahid khan bhai is next pakistans historic captain with continue top form in both formets

13. waleed says:

we are seeing new afridi how this change came.we made a video for u plz dont forget to check it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh_y9IAKcQM

14. Dear Afridí
    I have always been a fan of you and have followed your cricket closely since the day you scored that quick century, 100 runs in 36 Balls vs Srilanka in Nairobi.
    Your batting form in recent years have declined but its not because you cant bat but its because of the mindset you are in. One cant and one must not slog every ball for 6. I have always wanted you to play sensibly, the way you played the last two 20/20 matches. You have such a lovely eye and strike when you hit that its a shame when u just give ur wicket away making a rash shot. So my humble request to you is to play the way you have played the last two 20/20 matches.
    My question to you is this ” Why have you failed to perform with the bat in recent years despite having tried at almost every number ? ” Is it because you cant play or is it because maybe the oppostion has a pre plan for you ?
    Regards
    Hammad

15. mazhar lateef says:

Afridi.
    I am a big fan of yours, more so for your never-die approach. Don’t you realize that with your two innings in the semi-final and final you have proved that just by staying at the wicket your batting can win the matches for your team?

16. Mohammad Adil says:

As an allrounder, how do you keep your fitness? Will you be playing with New South Wales?

17. salman jafri says:

salam

please ask shahid afridi, what is his best position in terms of batting and bowling at the following games

odi – batting no – bowling over
    20 20 – batting no and bowling over
    test – batting no and bowling over
    tape ball – batting no and bowling over.

His best 11 pakistan team ever selection please.

thanks
    salman jafri

18. Mahmood says:

I have seen you playing since you came in horizon making fastest century and you never changed your batting style. A lot of coaches (Pakistani and foreign) said in interviews that they tried their best to coach you but you never listened. What made you batting the way you did in T20 WC S.F finals?
    I love to see you bowling its amazing the way you deceiving the batters. Good luck in rest of your carrier which could be easily 5 years more?
    Thanks

19. Abduulah Shah says:

Hi Afridi
    I live in Canada and must tell you that as everywhere you are very popular here amongst the cricket fans.

Whenever we see MS Dhoni we friends always say that you are more capable than him then why you could not mature like him as a batsman of technique and stability. In our view you are even today more gifted than him.
    Take Care

20. Babar Baig says:

Dear Afridi.. Salam .

I want to ask: will you play test cricket in the coming months as Pakistan need a quality leg spinner in the test line-up.

thanks and khuda hafiz

21. safdar iqbal says:

Assalamulaikum afridi
    I am great great fan of you, I really like your game especially when you play with rythm.
    I have 2 questions for you:

1) Why our cricket team has not the same enthusiasm as was in the period of imran or before, is there any politics involved in our cricket team?

2) Why you dont play the sensible batting always as you played last 20/20 against SRILANKA?

THANKS & BEST WISHES FOR YOU

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement