Your prayer for Pakistan

Your prayer for Pakistan

On Friday, Pakistan celebrates the sixty-second anniversary of its independence. Recently, the country has seen its fair share of ups and downs. Terrorism, communal violence and the economic and energy crises dominate headlines. But the resilience of the nation and its people has been expressed again and again – through a nationwide consensus against militancy, a national movement in favour of a free judiciary, a much-needed Twenty20 win, the generosity of host families in the face of mass displacement, and new initiatives to protect women’s and minorities’ rights.

In these trying yet optimistic times, what is your prayer for Pakistan? How do you serve your nation in an effort to make it the country you wish it could be? And where do you hope to see your country in another 20, 30, or 100 years?

The views expressed in the following reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Dawn Media Group.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

131 Responses to “Your prayer for Pakistan”

1. akbar says:

Only Allah should punish those terrorists who are committing crime in the name of Islam.

2. Zhao Jin Tao says:

Pakistani should pray that Chinese can remain their all weather friends forever.

3. pnpuri says:

as someone whose father came from kunjah, gujarat and now living in delhi, i pray for both countries, for peaceful co-existance and prosparity.peaceful coexistance is a must, otherwise both countries will lag behind in prosperity.

4. Wisdom says:

God Bless Pakistan. May God bless Pakistan with great wisdom and protect it from harms way emanating from within and with out.

May God Almighty save the Nation from madness – Putting Ex-President Musharraf on trial as some have suggested is pure insanity. This is no time to waste the country’s resources on something as ridiculous as those who seek revenge against him. Musharraf was a true Patriot and in some very difficult times he saved Pakistan from being bombed to the Stone Age…have people forgotten the big utimatum he received. May God bless Pakistan with peace and prosperity.

Aameen.

5. Salim Akbani says:

The expansion of the US embassy and introduction of Blackwater/Xe in Pakistan is very alarming. Blackwater/Xe is a rogue organization. It conducts itself above the law including US. It has blood on its hand of innocent Iraqis. There will be huge problems of law and order if this company is allowed to operate inside Pakistan.

Beware of expanded embassies. They are designed to protect the interest of the guest, not necessarily Pakistan. While I welcome more engagement between US and Pakistan, it should be done through other channels. Inclusion of actors like Blackwater/Xe will never serve Pakistan’s interest.

Pakistani politicians including the present government in particular are very corrupt and incompetent. They should not be allowed to sell off their country.

Do something before we get pulled into anohter crisis.

6. Mustafa says:

This is timely prayer for Pakistan.

May Allah give wisdom to Pakistani leaders who are all out to divide Pakistanis by putting Ex-President Parvez Musharraf on trial for treason. They have no idea what good they will achieve from it, except revenge.

Parvez Musharraf may be a worst person in the eyes of many Pakistanis but they should give him the credit of saving Pakisan from Americans who could have bombarded Pakistan and flattened it the same way as they did to Afghanistan because they believed Bin Laden and Mullah Omer were hiding in Pakistan and Pakistan was unable to locate them and hand them over to America. Musharraf joined America in war on terror to save Pakistan, no question about it.

7. We must pray for the progress, prosperity and unity of our beloved country but Allah has given the people the reason to solve their problems and to differentiate between good and bad and to chose correct path.

8. Mawali says:

To answer the question directly. I hope Pakistan becomes a true “land of the pure”. Not in the religious bigoted sense but one where its people are truly free to exercise choice, dream of a decent life for themselves and the coming generations and where opportunity is the direct result of dream, work and achieve. Where education is the prime objective of the nation and the children of the country are seen as an investment into the future. Live free, exercise choice and certainly make friends not enemies. A tall order but then you asked!

9. Iqbal Qasim says:

I pray that we put the following on our “to do” list:

a) become democratic
    b) become a nation of law abiding citizens
    c) make peace with our neighbors
    d) become secular
    e) become prosperous down to the bottom level

It is unlikely that we will become ALL of the above.
    But, if we can become even ONE, that may be our last chance…

10. Larry Stout says:

Food for thought from an American bumper-sticker:

“Lord, please save me from your followers.”

11. Atia says:

Although its matter of pleasure that we r here on the map of world since 62 years, but we should now come out of this and analyze our current situation in order to make our future certain.
    If Europe after second world war can reunite then why not all the countries of Asia can form a Asian Union. We should learn things from all around the world and then try to implement those for the best interest of whole nation. This is the Key for long term success.

12. Deep1 says:

Why does Pakistan need Prayers? Has it exhausted the deeds of its people?

If one needs to pray for help, then one has bigger problems. God or Allah helps those who help themselves. Do the work instead of praying. All the prayers in the world will not help, nor grow crops. But sowing the seeds will. You reap what you sow.

So start sowing the right crops instead of praying for a harvest without even looking at the seeds.

Deep

13. Greeting from India says:

Dear Pakistan Citizens,

Wish all the pakistanis a great independence day!!!

We from India are not your enemies. We want you to be a modern thriving economy. If the ties between the countries improve, it will be good for both the countries. Many companies from India will come to Pakistan and set up business there and vice versa. Our only concern on Pakistan comes when we hear bomb blasts, killings etc in some parts of India. Otherwise we never felt any bad impression on Pakistan nation. In any case we know that Pakistan people are great!

Regards,

Sathyajit

14. cyma says:

well…i can only pray for the betterment of my country.

15. Kamran Kawaid says:

Our elders have done so much for us and the generations after us. We need to organize the people economically, socially, educationally and politically, so come forward. Lets unit before some foreign intervention takes us down. No nation survive without faith, unity and justice.

May our motherland live long ameen!

16. hyder says:

ASSALAM O ALIKUM!
    i personally think we have been planning and talking for the betterment of pakistan for past 62 years…..now its time to do be practical.i am doing 3 promises infront of you…ALLAH give me enough strenghth to fullfil them.(1)As an student its my duty to be foccousd on my studies and today i am doing promise with my self i will try my level best to become a true palkistani student(2)i will never through grabage on strrets(3)I will use all of my strenght to to make image of pakistan good on the globe as much i can through internet,magzines or what ever plat i have…………its my humble request to all of you.plz plz plz do atleast one promise to urself for the betterment of PAKISTAN.Long live PAKISTAN!

17. farooq khanani says:

Rule of law is the essence of freedom and properity for the people and the nation.

May Allah guide our leaders to streghen our constitutional institution and govern with honesty and integrity which is lacking nowadays and must make sure no one is above law.

God bless Pakistan.

Pakistan Zindabad.

18. Jawaid Abdullah says:

Like any patriotic Pakistani, my prayers are all for my beloved country. But I ask one question to everyone, is it only prayers that are enough for the well being of our country. What are our actions to emphasize upon our prayers. It is a very lukewarm way of showing ones committment towards ones homeland. When we talk of prayers we try to pass on our responsibility to Allah (SWT) and my belief is that even if we dont prayer Allah (SWT) will shower his blessing on every of his creatures and we are one of them. Has anybody asks himself what he/she has done for the betterment of this god gifted country. I strongly believe that my right is somebody else duty and vice versa. The problem occurs when this chain gets broken. On this occassion we may call ourselves Pakistanis, but actually we are not, instead we are a disintegrated lot who pursue their ambitions not Pakistan as a base rather their own divided identity.

My only prayer to Allah (SWT) is to unite all Paistanis as a one nation (though we always say but dont do it) Allah (SWT) is enough to take care of Pakistan.

19. Sakib says:

I pray that at least now we realise the basis on which Pakistan was founded. It was a secular state where everyone will be allowed to practice what one believed in and not what others would force you to. I am an alleged minority, a status forced upon me by the consitution, and I know what it feels like to be treated as a minority. I understand Pakistan people in general are moderate but don’t know what happens to them when they are incited by extremists that they become monsters who would kill anyone in the name of religion. I pray again that we become true believers and let people live in freedom and harmony.

20. Mustansir says:

I pray that each and every citizen of Pakistan, irrespective of their age and occupation starts to realise their own dutites. I pray we start to respect and sincerely perfrom the duties as a student, teacher, employee, employer or what ever role we are in. We spend more time to deliberate how can we do our work best rather how others should perform their work. I pray that each one of us begins to atleast own our areas, muhallahs and cities and stop delegating responsibilities.

If that happensm inshallah I wont have to wait for 30 or 50 years but within 10 years Pakistan can become a true symbol of success.

21. Pranav says:

I pray to God for a strong Pakistan.I firmly believe If our neighbours atr happy we ll be happy.

I also peay to God our relationships must improve and I am looking forward for a future where Indians go to Lahore * Karachi for Shopping and Holidays & Pakistanis come to Delhi & Mumbai for the same

My best wishes on this to my Pakistani Brothers & Sisters

Best Regards

Pranav

New Delhi

22. Pakistani says:

In a message to N.W.F.P Muslim Students Federation, in April 1943, by Mohammad Ali Jinnah

You have asked me to give you a message. What message can I give you? We have got the great message in the Quran for our guidance and enlightenment

23. Muhammad Rashid says:

Aslam o Alikum,

We are in shattered psychologically, emotionally and mentally at this day of independence. But it is breath to accept challenge what we are having……..we shall fight to honour that breath….we shall meet our all challenges and prove in the world that we are in the row ……

“Galla to ghont dia ahle madrissa nay tera

Ab kaha say aye gi sada’LA E LA HA ILLALAH'”

Pakistan Zindabad

24. Naushad says:

I hope and I pray that every Pakistani will stop waiting for Messiah to resurrect our nation from the ruins, and strive to be him/her instead. Anything short of that will only perpetuate our misery.

25. Sandeep Sharda says:

My best wishes to the people of Pakistan. As an Indian I feel that we have too much in common, but instead of cherishing common heritage both the countries keep themselves busy finding differences.

Hoping this would change in the coming years!

Happy Birthday Pakistan!

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement