Share your account of the Karachi blast

Share your account of the Karachi blast

On Friday two blasts took place in Karachi killing at least 22 people. The first blast occurred when an explosives-laden motorcycle rammed into a bus on Karachi’s Shahrah-i-Faisal, while the second explosion took place inside the Jinnah Hospital.

Were you near the site of the blast when it occurred? Did you hear the blast? Have you passed by the FTC since the blast occurred? Dawn.com invites its readers to share their account of the blast.

The following reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Dawn Media Group.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

67 Responses to “Share your account of the Karachi blast”

1. Muhammmad Asad says:

I live on tariq road, after Friday namaz i was coming to home and heard the huge explosion sound, then watched on tv about this heartbreaking and tragic ancient, i strongly condemn all this, all those who are doing this they are not human beings they are enemies of Muslims and entire world.
    All the sympathy for affected families, and those who have lost their loved ones. I request to all that please pray for our nation, peace and prosperity.
    It is unfortunate that Islam, the religion of peace, hope, harmony, goodwill and brotherhood had been badly tarnished by the perpetrators of various terrorists acts and barbarism as seen in the recent years.

M.ASAD KARACHI

2. Saad says:

We live in flats near the site of the blast. Me and my brother were having lunch, when we first heard the explosion. At first we thought its an earth quake and got up from our seats to run. as all our window were shaken. but than I observed fans if they are swinging, (fans swing like a pendulum in earth quakes) after a while my friend called and told us that it was a suicide bomb blast. Since than all we are hearing are sirens of either ambulances or of law enforcement vehicles. May ALLAH bless our city. they once again trying to create sunni shia conflicts… but all of you there don’t let the enemy take over you. We’ll fight them by becoming united…. love PAKISTAN…

3. Ahmed says:

I live barely 30-40 meters away from the 1st blast site. It was huge blast, the entire house was shaken from its foundation. Windows have been shattered and a couple of doors cracked/broken due to the intensity of the shock wave. Thank God rangers and the police were there on time to provide timely help. Don’t know when all this madness will end. May Allah protect us all.

4. No Hope says:

Another sad, sad day for the city …

5. Arshiya says:

I live a few metres away from the site of the blast and was at home focusing on my math problem when I heard a loud explosion around 3pm. Initially, I thought it was the sound of tyre burst, but the deafening sound of the ambulances that followed made me think otherwise. That is when we realised it was a blast near the nursery bridge…I could see thick clouds of smoke from my balcony and all the cars on shahra-e-faisal started turning back. Terror has struck Karachi again..God help us!

• MAHMOOD HUSSAIN says:

Problem lies with Karachites do not realize the prevailing situation and offer themselves for soft targets. I personally feel major responsibilities lies with the ULAMA who does not discourage to avoid such situation by given a call for observing such occasion on restricted and well protected surroundings at selected places. I pray to ALLAH may guide us to true path.

• Irfan Khan says:

Mr. Hussain I absolutely agree with you. Islam is the most modern religion but unfortunately followers are just opposite. Don’t expect anything from these ulemas.

• Syed Zaidi says:

The poor victims were on a bus…….where ever the selected spot is as you suggest, people would still have to commute to get there. And my friend, not fearing these beasts and remaining steadfast to your faith is the true path. The victims died travelling on this very path.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement