Torrential rains in Karachi

Torrential rains in Karachi

Karachi is currently experiencing torrential rains for the past several hours.

What’s happening in your area? Do you have electricity? Are the phones still working? What are the conditions of roads and other infrastructure in your part of the city? Dawn.com invites its readers based in the city to share their experiences.

Photo by Hasaan Haider/Dawn.com

The views expressed by this blogger and in the following reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Dawn Media Group.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

73 Responses to “Torrential rains in Karachi”

1. Izhar Ali says:

I live in Sharjah UAE as for work and thinking that how nice it would be in Karachi despite there would be no electricity with no phone lines working but one can go out and enjoy the weather after seeing the news that there is no threat of Phet Cyclon to Karachi.

I would go outside to ride my bike on Shara-e-Ghalib in Clifton in such a weather. Just miss the current weather of Karachi.
    Izhar Ali
    Sharjah UAE

2. Rehan Qurban says:

I live at 3 Talwar, Water Started Accumlating As rain hit its first Spell midnight(sunday). The water is on flow right now. Rain has stopped and Just came inside. The Weather is too Romantic, Worth a long Drive but Since Expecting PHET and things can go wrong, Jailed at home by Parents :)

• imran says:

You just came home…….While you were jailed at home by your parents good may I have their no. To tell them to keep an even more vice-like grip on you………lol………….

• KM says:

It is no big deal. So what if you are jailed in your house. Relax, its just weather and it happens all over the world. Its nature and nobody can control it.

3. Munaf ahmed says:

No electricity on Khy-Shahbaz, DHA Phase VII since 4:00 am this morning. All service lanes are filled with rain water. Life is misrable !!!

4. Zain Ally says:

I live in Defence Phase IV. My particular street started accumulating water as the rains came in hard last night (Sunday). Electricity was out as soon as the rains came in and did not get restored till 5 in the morning. It has been a beautiful day so far. Cloudy weather, light rain and breezy. Water on the streets will not allow us to go on the drive though.

• Shahida says:

I live in Miami, FL, but just finished talked to my father who lives in Kh-e-Bahria. He told me there is no electricity for several hours. All phone lines except one are not working. Heavy torrential rains have hit the city.

• imran says:

Heavy torrential rains have not hit the city so far……….. but the picture and videos on the media is already looking pretty bad……..

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement