Karachi burns again

Karachi burns again

Violence triggered by the murder of Raza Haider, a senior leader of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and member of the Sindh Assembly in Karachi on Monday claimed at least 35 lives, according to officials. Once again we saw Karachi burn last night as angry protestors took to the streets burning vehicles and gas stations. Gunfire could be heard in several locations as people stayed home in fear. Once again, we saw Karachi shutdown.

Where were you when the tragedy and the aftermath violence took place? Do you feel safe in Karachi?

The views expressed by the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Dawn Media Group.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

125 Responses to “Karachi burns again”

1. Shakeel says:

I have only one question here for Karachi political party!

Is the murder of 30 working class people are the revenge of one man?

How many kitchens has been stock out?

Is this the politic??????????????????????????????????????.

2. Owais Moeen says:

I was at work when it started. Couldn’t leave early as I had to finalize a presentation for my boss which he had to present next day to the senior management. I decided not to go home afterwards and spent the whole night at the office! A friend of mine got stuck for an hour at saddar jam and his car was snatched at II Chundrigar Road. Everynight I get back home from work, I thank Allah for keeping me in one piece.

3. mansoor says:

i work on I.I.Chundrigar Road and the traffic mess began from the tower right down to Nursery and further-on. There were bottle-necks throughout the city and people were stranded for hours and hours together.
    I managed to reach my house near tariq road in 2 hours , about the time when the shops at TR were being hurridely shut down.

4. Irfan Khan says:

I was at my workplace on Shahrahe Faisal when almost every colleague started getting ready to return home and asked me to do the same. I did as suggested and let for home with a friend. From office to my home in North Nazimabad, I faced traffic jams and sensed a feeling of chaos on all the faces I saw.

5. MB says:

I think we should follow the Bangladesh SC ruling and do something similar here i.e ban all religious and ethnic based political parties.

These parties have since 1947 kept PAK and especially KARACHI hostage to their own power-hungry interests. Note that they have always been in power one way or other and have not been able to deliver. I think someone should file a case in SC that any ethnic or sectarian link political party be banned for good.

There is no RAW MOSAD etc. in all of this. Its very simple and written on wall for all to understand. The cancer is inside and we badly need a surgery.

• Keti Zilgish says:

“ban all religious and ethnic based political parties” I agree 100%, but in the case of Pakistan we would also have to ban & enforce, at the same time, all loudspeakers (imagine the amount of electricity we’d save).

6. Amir says:

Although born in Karachi, but never visited this city and will never do that in my life as life is precious.

• farooqui says:

Though life and death is in the hands of Allah, still people of Pakistan and particularly Karachi greatly appreciate your highly patriotic statement.

7. A. Khan says:

Dear Author this is the situation of whole Pakistan, whole Pakistan is burning from Khyber to Karachi. Do you feel safe in your own homeland Pakistan?

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement