Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21

Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21

Dawn.com will host Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi on Tuesday, September 21, for a live blogging session with its readers.

You can send in your questions or comments for the tennis star as he returns to the Dawn Blog after a record-breaking run at the US Open.

Questions can be sent via the comments section of this forum or you can log on to Dawn.com for a live chat with Aisam on September 21 at 5.30pm PST.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

123 Responses to “Live blog with Aisam on Sept 21”

1. AHMED KHALID SHAIKH says:

salam
    well done.u did really well is US open.what future do u see of tennis in paistan.i wanted ask are there any other pakistani players playing tennis that would become seeded after 2 or 3 years.will u partipicate in australian open in doubles or singles.best of luck.
    please reply
    thnx

2. Adel Shikha says:

Is Roger Federer a Racist, refused to shake your hand and did not want to play with you or said something insulting about you? There is a rumor that all this is true but I hope it is not and want your unbiased version of what really happened in your two encounters with him ?

3. Bilal Ali says:

Hello Aisam !
    first of all congradulations and Hats off to ur acheivements In US open.Well it could’nt be beter then this,
    in our country specially where some people took the Moral and standards of sports to a disgraceful and shameful state specifically CRICKET.
    IN such circumstances u made us proud that now we can imagine Pakistan in the world of tenis .
    QUESTION
    do you think that now besides men’s double or mixed u would be looking to acheive the same MILESTONE in mens SINGLE because this is the only event that i think u should also make an pakistani
    name on that platform.
    we will always pray that u acheive maximum success in ur coming future (AMIN)

4. SALEEM SHAHID MEO SHEHR SULTAN says:

Q. Did it ever happen to you Dear AISAM that sme bookies as we see in the case of Pak crickcters? If yes,
    how did you feel and what was your reaction to that filthy offers

5. T. Adil says:

Dear Aisam,

For starters, thank you so much for all you did for the people of Pakistan on and off the field. It was really commendable and you came forth at a time that can easily be seen as the lowest of lows we have seen as a nation. God bless you with more than what you can dream of and much more!

I would just like to make a comment and say that please stay the same person and always behave as responsibly as you have so far. We as a nation do not have the best track record in doing so and easily forget that each and every one of us, especially those who represent the country on such huge platforms, are ambassadors to the country and should always put that before indivdual gains.

May this only be the start for you and you always help Pakistanis hold their heads up high as you did.

Good luck and God bless!

6. nabeel ahmed says:

Hi Aisam,
    you really made us proud. May Allah bless u with all the success n happiness in ur life. Amen
    Well I dnt have words to praise u. you gave us a hope n boosted the moral of the nation at this time of distress and frustration. Keep winning and try hard for making tennis popular in Pakistan.

7. Ehtisham Ayub says:

Dear Aisam

Salute! you as did that nobody can do especially with our limited resources and sports infrastructure.

You have plenty of experience as you moved up with the crunches and touched the sky, i want to know how will you utilize your experience to groom the home talent and secondly do you have any plan to give an exposure to Aqeel Khan to become your partner at world level tournaments.

Ehtisham
    Wah Cantt

8. Mudassar Z. Khan says:

Dear Aisam, Assalam o alaikum,

May Allah bless you with more talent and courage. Your performance and speech was awsome – “We want peace as much as you guys”.

9. Humayun Irshad says:

Very well done! Aisam you gave a great pleasure to the nation at this particular time when the whole nation was devastated by floods, cricketer’s gambling and Sialkot incidence. Please keep it up with a patriotic, enthusiastic and down to earth spirit.

Your comments were remarkable. You are the real ambassador of Pakistan.

Please never ever become arrogant, money maker, greedy. Our nation gives too much respect to our national heroes but most of them have disappointed the nation by earning through unfair means. So have faith in Allah, and play for this country. Play for a cause.

10. N Qazi says:

Assalamualakum Aisam.
    Congratulations on your achievement.
    U put up a great show there; especially the comments that you made to tell the paranoid americans not to sereotype our whole nation…
    On another note, I knwo it will be difficult, but are you doing anything so Tennis doesn’t die its death in Pakistan? Please use your recent achievements to get some kind of sponsorship/ funding from world tennis association or may be UN or some olympics committe and start your own academy which can produce future committed players like yourself. & if you have any links with jehangirt, please request him to do the same for Squash.
    We have to motivate our young people to participate in sports and athletics….

well done mate on doing your bit. Hope your image motivates a lot of pakistani young people.

11. Saniya says:

hey aisam!!

WOW !! and CONGRATS and THANKYOU !!!

Question: What problems did you face while playing and practising in Pakistan ?

And BEST OF LUCK !!

12. Aisha Jalil says:

Asalam-o-Alikum Aisam,

First of all Congrats on your achievement of being the first Pakistani to reach in the finals of any US open (or grand slam) tournament. You made us all very proud Pakistanis. Keep up the good work. Your speech at the prize distribution ceremony was just awesome. I mean u said exactly what every Pakistani would like to convey to the world and the impact of your words had tremendous effect not only on the people around the world but also on the youth of Pakistan. Thank you for upholding the pride of Pakistan and also the pride of Pakistani Sports people.

There is a lot of work to be done in order to rebuild and reconstruct the sports infrastructure of Pakistan. But I guess not a lot of the prevailing sports administrators are interested in hiring or utilizing young talented people for sports development.

Anyways, lets hope for the best.

Best Regards,

13. MUHAMMAD SHAHID CHHIPA says:

Well done. Keep going like this. May Allah gives you strength and courage in your future also. The best thing you did while you were on the court is that you courgeouly told the world what Pakistan and its people are. They were truly brave and courageous comments you told about Pakistan against millions and billions of people around the world.

14. Almas Abbas says:

What is your inspiration and motivation behind the success?

15. Almas Abbas says:

Well done! Can you please share what has been your inspiration and motivation behind your success?

16. Hani says:

Hi Aisam,

Congratulations on the victory! (making it this big was a victory for our nation, it doesn’t matter what the score was in the finals)

We need patriotic, confident, educated, discipline and mature sportsmen like you in the country who will always make us proud. The nation should have enough trust and confidence in its sportsmen to feel proud of them regardless of their performance. The trust we had in jehangir / jansher / imran khan… the trust we had in the hockey players…

Keep on doing your best and your have our back.
    You have made Pakistan proud! and your speech at the ceremony were the words of our nation.

I never followed tennis in my life but i will start to do so with interest inshAllah.
    Good luck with your future endeavors.

17. ahmed farooq butt says:

ASA Aisam,
    one and only vital question by all the pak community in Australia:)
    What are your plans for Australian Open 2011 coming year? there is so much positive vibe and happiness in all the pakistani communities here , and many want travel to Melbourne to see you in action if you end up touring Down Under!!!
    all the best with whatver you plan and see fit!
    in all honesty, you have made us proud with both of your second place speeches, where a few people from other backgrounds have let us down.

18. Rashid says:

Hi Aisam
    Just one piece of advise, please stay away from the company of our disgrace cricketers. n thankx for that lovely speech in the post match presentation. u have made us proud when our disgarce cricketers failed to do so. can u give any good lessons to our cricketers?

19. Aisam, you have made this nation proud after what you have said in your speech. We all are really proud to have a star like you.

I want to ask you that what was your feeling after losing the matches, because i have never seen so joyful face after losing, while you were giving speech, i was judging your feeling as you have more happiness of reaching to that level and less grief on losing.. Thats a real sportsman spirit..

20. madiha says:

thumbs up

21. madiha says:

hey asaam!
    talent +brains +looks =Asaam!!! Mashallah u really made us proud. I remember being crazy about tennis at the age of 10 watching french open maybe written Parisbas behind the walls. and now after 15 years its my country’s tennis ace who made me watch it again with the same zeal with a topping of nationalism on it. ;)
    Suuggestions: Do focus on Singles now.
    P.S. when are u going to get married :P ?

22. SADAQAT KHAN says:

Aisam
    Congratulations on your run through the US Open , which was an outstanding performance as a tennis player and after finishing the game , you made wonderful comments about our country and portrayed the right image , which no sportsman done before , it was simply spectacular , inspiring and we salue you on that , you have made everyone proud!!!
    Your achievement is a big milestone for you as a player, and this country for being motherland of such a wonderful player . May God bless you and give you more energy to go for singles also and winning it . Ameen

23. sana yasin says:

u make us proud no doubt. but one thing i will say if tennis federation didnt support u. u should highlight that now i belive thats the best time.people are listening to you.and i belive it will not only help you but also to upcoimng stars.

24. Atif Zaheer says:

Dear Aisam,

After your speech in NY, the result of your match was really immaterial. You are the real winner and not that I suggest that you should but if you didn’t achieve anything else in the world of tennis, we will still be content of what you have already done.

Really proud of you.

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement