Ask Afridi

Ask Afridi

Pakistan’s World Twenty20 hero, Shahid Afridi, is all the rage with cricket fans world over. As attention shifts to Test cricket, Afridi takes out time to answer Dawn.com’s readers’ questions.

What is it that you have always wanted to know? Why he blew that kiss to Kallis or how, finally, he decided to build an innings? Do you have questions about Afridi’s training regimen, or his favourite moments in cricket history? Or do you want to learn the secret of delivering a lightening-fast flipper? Now’s your chance to chat with the champ and learn all.

Comments Guide:
Dawn.com encourages its readers to share their views on our forums. We try to accommodate all users' comments but this is not always possible due to space and other constraints. Please our read our comments guidelines below for more information:

1. Please be aware that the views of our bloggers and commenters do not necessarily reflect Dawn.com's policies.

2. Though comments appear to have been published immediately after posting, they are actually forwarded to a moderation queue before publication.

3. Dawn reserves the right to remove or edit comments that are posted on this blog.

4. Language that is offensive to any race, religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality is not permitted.

5. Avoid posting comments in ALL CAPS. Commenters are also encouraged to avoid text contractions like 'u r.'

6. Do not cross-post comments across multiple blog entries.

7. Any comments posted to a blog entry should be relevant to the topic or discussion.

8. Do not spam the comment section.

96 Responses to “Ask Afridi”

1. ummer Rashid says:

Hi Afridi
    This is ummer from Kashmir. I am really impressed by ur performance. I think ur a great. Here in Kashmir we supprt u. Well i think u should have done much more than this. U should have been on the top in every form of game. But there are questions which are raised on u. 1) Why u are giving away when are batting in good way.? For example u score 30 or 40 runs quickily but suddenly u play rash shot and out in dramatic manner. Can u learn from the previous mistakes and and become one of the greatet cricketer. I think u should take care of thousands of Kashmiri’s who on streets when u play and they feel bad when play some rash shots.

2. urfi says:

Mr. Afridi could u please throw light on the beating of Pakistan by Austrial in Wrold Cup Final. This match was seemed to fixed by bookies. Is it true. If yes, who is responsible for this male-practice.

3. Atif says:

Dear Brother Afridi,

I am a batesman, i always play good when i am imagining batting, but i always screw up when i am play in reality, What should i do? to better my batting. Please reply of you can.
    Atif

4. Jitendra says:

Shahidbhai:
    You are a great all rounder – really enjoy your cricket.

5. Zaheer says:

hi Shahid Bhai,
    First of all congratulations for wining the T20 world cup and thanks a lot for bringing happiness for whole nation in this time of turmoil.
    I want to know that next T20 world cup again around the corner after only 10 months, what are your plans for that?,as an individual and as whole team?.

Our prayers and best wishes with u always,
    Keep hard work and winning.
    Salam Pakistan!

6. Ali Hasanain says:

For someone who has (rightly) lamented being left out of Test matches in the past, what was the logic behind making yourself unavailable for the ongoing Test series against Sri Lanka?

Seemed like a perfect opportunity to bury, once and for all, the debate about your place in the side for the longer format…

7. Imran Razaq says:

Hello, I would like to know what kind of bat you use regularly. It says Malik on your bat, Is it really a Malik bat or they just sponsor you? Also, What do you look for when choosing a bat? You prefer light weight bat or heavy? Short handle or long? What is the ideal weight for the bat?

8. Rehan Khan says:

SHAHID

I am from India. Congrats for a superb show in the recent T20 world cup
    U really played true to your potential which was not so earlier

I have a few questions to ask u:
    1) I heard that Sir Vivian Richards is your favorite player and idol, Is it so? Else, who is your favorite?

2) You are a natural batter? But very inconsistent, u need to develop patience and not believe that every ball is to be hit. All great hitters of the past did that and I am sure u can do it too.

3) Who are your favorite opponent among current players? Anyone from India, what about Sachin, Sehwag, Zaheer or Yusuf Patahn.

All the best and have a great time

9. Faisal Rafeeque says:

Assalamu Alaikum.

How are you Afridi bhayia? Hope you are fine by the Grace of Allah. I just wish you played in the current test match.My question is for which team you are going to play in IPL and did new south wales buy you?

Allah Hafiz.

10. tashfeen says:

why not test cricket?

11. AFRIDI,
    Just one questions, what you are doing for the people of Swat?
    We are all happy but they are SAD!
    Can you arrange a game for them , i will sponsor the Game.

HELP THE POOR, THEY WILL MAKE DUA FOR YOU

12. Dear Afridi,
    Assalam u elekum

I just wanted to thank you for the being SUPERMAN for the people of PAKISTAN.
    LONG LIVE PAKISTAN
    PAKISTAN ZINDA BAD.
    What you have today,its becuase of Pakistan.
    PAKISTAN Hey tu sab khusheiyaan

13. Farrukh says:

Stopping by just to say Thanks you so much Pakistan Team Specially Afridi for you great knock in T-20 to make the Nation Happy. We all love you. God bless you & Long live Pakistan

14. mansoor says:

SHAHID, IT WAS HEARTENING TO C U HIT GOOD, TIMELY FORM IN THE T20 WORLD CUP, BUT UR TEST RECORD STILL LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED N U R NOT PLAYING IN THE CURRENT SERIES AGAINST SRI LANKA. I BELIEVE UR INCLUSION WOULD HAVE BEEN A BOOST TO THE TEAM.

R U PLANNING TO CONCENTRATE ON ONE DAYERS OR T20 VERSION OF THE GAME OR U PLAN ALSO TO CONTINUE WITH TEST CRICKET AFTER ALL.

15. Ifrah says:

Assalam o alaikum Afridi,

Sir you are a great batsman in Pakistani Cricket team. Thank you so much to giving us these happiness. Please Sir, dont lose your temper while you are batting, “Tusii Mast ho”. We always pray for you and always be happy. and make your nation proud.

Take cAre Afridi
    Allah hafiz

16. Syed Hasnat says:

I will not ask “When you blew kiss to Kallis, do you really know that he is gay”?
    My question is
    How your ball for the righ-handed batsman moves in the air and hit the stamp.
    Can you do it with the new ball?

17. Asad says:

I think Afridi’s brother did some foolish stuff, firing in the air after Pakistan’s victory. There was a guy who luckily survived after the bullet passed through his hand and close to the heart.Any comments on this?

18. Muhammad Ahmed Khan Afridi says:

In the world of cricket the incident like cited above, should not be considered for comments.

19. Abdul Muqtadir says:

UsslamOAlaikum!

Why about Consistency? It took you several matches to really perform in the last two. I do not know was it sheer luck, fluke or prayers of your well wishers?
    By the way the news is Younis will not play anymore T20s. What is your plan?
    You are playing for Pakistan and therefore, huge responsibility rests on you and others. Just quit if you want to remain a one/two game player and provide an opportunity to a new comer.

20. Rahat Jalal says:

Why did you opt out of the Sri Lanka tour? Was it your choice or forced on you? What do you see as Pakistan’s chances in this series in all forms – tests, ODIs and T20?
    Will you be joining the team at some stage?

21. Its good that you are now in team is bowling alrounder so if you score then its bonus else no prob as you are bowler. We wish you to have more imporvment in your bowling and maturity in batting will be bonus. I dont have question but just suggestion that Allah mashallah has given you success and wealth so please try to spare some time from your busy scdhule and thank to him by performing Umrah. I live in Khobar/Dhahran 1300KM away from makkah but please be my guest, i will make arrangments for you in Makkah. You can get my mails address from Dawn. Thanks and Wish you very Good Luck for your future. Ah

22. zela says:

Hello,

I’m a Bangladshi. Watching your game as long you are playing. Can you email me your email and phone address to khulnazela@yahoo.com (this one is correct email)

I want to talk to you and get to know you as I’m planning to open a charity in Bangladesh and you might come handy in times. Please respond to me. Wishing you another 6 years of sensible playing career. I hate whn you loose wicket early in rush…Play like 20/20 no rush and make big innings…cheers

23. Mohammad zakir khan says:

Hi Boom Boom Afridi hows you hope fine and doing your best for all the Nation, Actually Afrid is it possible to play in National team if yes then tell me, because I am a exellent bowller and I want to serve the nation like you………
    with bestr regards
    zakir khan Trand

24. ROOHI AMIR says:

Well done boy. My advice to you is “Be Patient” when you are playing. For that you need to learn hyponotics.

25. PK Malang says:

If you die today, how would you like people of Pakistan remember you?

For your great cricket or Goo Deeds? And what are your good deeds in the past 10 years?

Thanks Brother!

Dawn.com on Facebook

dawn.com on Facebook

Advertisement